-
Posts
2,693 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by Buckeyes_Suck
-
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
If you want to be entertained go post that and americanpol... I think had we gone that route the entire world would have been better do it. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
+1 on CBD oil. Plus it works great on dogs. Edit: You have to make sure its high quality. The crap sold at 7/11 isnt worth its packaging. I design systems that process CBD, only a few places do a great job with quality control. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
On the plus side when they do get big snowstorms their entire world stops. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Just came here to post the same thing. Meanwhile Brazil is on a path to overtake the US in cases. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
If true then we should be allowed to attend Bills games -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Anyone have any thoughts on the massive spike in Covid cases we will see due to the protests? -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Why do you doubt it? Colleges aren't going to stand idly by and bankrupt themselves. Their core population is much more likely to die of some other cause than covid while attending class. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
What unfolds in India over the next couple months will be nothing short of catastrophic. I'm surprised its taken this long to start exploding there but it has and they're going to end the lock-down anyways. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/world/asia/coronavirus-india-lockdown.html -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I’d be surprised if we get half of those back. That’s also going stagnate salaries for those who didn’t lose their jobs. Insane. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I think it is political but I also think there are people who legitimately feel that there will be a vaccine or treatment developed and that we should stay locked down until that happens. There’s no guarantee of that and this isn’t deadly enough to warrant such extreme measures. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
You’re 100% wrong. The only reason the lockdown even happened was to prevent hospitals from becoming overrun. The opposite happened, entire healthcare systems are going bankrupt due to the lack of patients. Tens of thousands have been laid off and even more have had salaries reduced. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I think sharp spikes followed by lockdowns followed by protests. I think it’ll be cyclical for the next couple years. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Meh I think that if you read everything he said in both of those articles he doesnt contradict himself. The media needs to sell clicks so the headlines are pulled are going to grab your attention but dont tell the whole story. Here's an excerpt from the first article with the headline saying staying closed down too long could cause irreparable damage. The second part of this is basically what he says in the other article from ten days ago as well. “I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go,” Fauci said during an interview with CNBC’s Meg Tirrell on “Halftime Report.” He said the U.S. had to institute severe measures because Covid-19 cases were exploding then. “But now is the time, depending upon where you are and what your situation is, to begin to seriously look at reopening the economy, reopening the country to try to get back to some degree of normal.” However, Fauci also cautioned states against reducing social distancing measures too quickly, adding they must take “very significant precautions.” “In general, I think most of the country is doing it in a prudent way,” he said. “There are obviously some situations where people might be jumping over that. I just say please proceed with caution if you’re going to do that.” -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I think it depends on the workout. I wouldn't be bothered much for lifting but cardio would be hell. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I would be comfortable without any of that. In general people are being very respectful of personal space. Plus I have no more fear of contracting Covid than I do a flu or cold. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I wish I owned a gym here...just to be able to do this. https://www.fox5ny.com/news/police-to-new-jersey-gym-that-opened-in-defiance-of-order-have-a-good-day -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
This is just so ridiculous. https://buffalonews.com/2020/05/15/ecmc-to-lay-off-70-seek-furloughs/ The entire state should never have been put on lockdown. NYC yes. Not the entire state. Hindsight will prove this to be one of the biggest blunders in modern history. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Don’t question your math at all, I took it even more extreme, suggesting that the top 1% own 50% of the wealth. The issue I have with your theory is that in enables people to not want to do better for themselves. I’m sure that some of those people in the bottom third are hard workers, but as you point out at the beginning of your post it is my experience that if you’re in the bottom third and you’re not disabled it’s because you aren’t working hard enough. You simply can’t fix wealth inequality by trying to take it away from the top. Just won’t happen. So change careers, work harder, self improve. That’s the way out of the bottom third. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
You're correct on there being plenty of wealth here in the US...but what about the rest of the world? Shutting down the worlds largest economy is brutal to the rest of the world that doesn't have the wealth to sustain populations for the next year waiting for a vaccine or new treatments. Lets say we were able to instantly capture all of the wealth that the 1% have (mind you most of this is in investments) and redistribute to the other 99%. That effectively doubles the net wealth of the 99%. How long can you go without a job if your net wealth were doubled right now? The giant influx of buying power would cause inflation to explode as youre now competing with everyone else who just doubled their net worth. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
That’s a cool article. I wonder how much NYC is carrying upstate. Whenever visiting I feel like I need to hit the gym harder. Same goes for S Beach... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
And this is why Florida's budget doesn't need a bailout... Too bad the state will be under water (literally) in a couple hundred years. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Ya I'm not a fan of "owning the libs". What I am a fan of is truth and understanding the why behind things. So him getting his name put on the checks was just silly, but I understand why he did it. Its an election year, and he wants to win. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Where did I say it brings me joy see him bring anguish to others? Additionally, poking the bear and "staying relevant" by doing something as nonsensical as making sure his name is on a check doesn't exactly bring anguish to others. If anyone felt anguish its because they jumped to conclusions about how much money it would cost to do so or that it would delay their check. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I agree on the narcissism. I think ruffling feathers is part of his strategy, and he’s pretty good at it. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
To be clear no checks had been printed before the decision was made to put his name on them. A full page print at the high end is $.01 per print. Standard check is 1/3 a page. So the cost of toner for the $19.7M checks that have gone out, (all the print, including Trumps name) is $66,501. So not millions.
