-
Posts
2,693 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by Buckeyes_Suck
-
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I think its only 20% in NY, and mainly downstate as upstate is only at 3.6%. The numbers for herd immunity Ive seen are 60%. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
You just said the same thing that I did, that clots are preventing the blood from entering the lungs and exchanging oxygen. This virus isn't directly reducing lung capacity by attacking cells in the lungs. Furthermore, these two articles that I posted previously still haven't been addressed by you, and both hypothesize that the virus is directly affecting blood cells. Not reproducing in them and destroying them so that you'd see hemolysis, but reducing their ability to carry oxygen. https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-19_Disease_ORF8_and_Surface_Glycoprotein_Inhibit_Heme_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173 https://web.archive.org/web/20200405061401/https://medium.com/@agaiziunas/covid-19-had-us-all-fooled-but-now-we-might-have-finally-found-its-secret-91182386efcb -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Ok then you should be able to explain why you disagree with my hypothesis, instead of hand waving. I'm listening, and if it makes sense I'll agree with you. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
We'll be lucky to put half of these people back to work in the next year. https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/economy/unemployment-benefits-coronavirus/index.html -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Show me where I mentioned "red blood cells". My point has only been that this virus isn't attacking the lung cells, that its attacking blood cells. If you actually read the early articles I posted the one talks about the virus inhibiting the ability of blood to carry iron, which is necessary for maintaining oxygen levels. This latest article I posted offers a different theory as to why the blood wont transport oxygen, that being that small clots are preventing circulation through the lungs. So yes its hypoxemia, one way or the other. And since you're implying that you know more about the subject, what are your credentials? Are you or are you married to someone with a degree in medicine? Or work at an executive level in healthcare? Because coming here and simply stating someones incorrect without a fact based rebuttal or offering an alternative solution is pretty asinine. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Yup that and diabetes. Unfortunately I think just the opposite is happening right now with everyone sitting at home and stress eating. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
@cny rider https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/health/strokes-coronavirus-young-adults/index.html You sure it’s not attacking blood cells? -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
First it’s voluntary and then it’s mandatory, being offered then enforced by seniority. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Both catholic and kaleida health started the process today, effective Sunday. That kaleida health number is wrong too. It’s closer to 12k including physicians. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Meanwhile the areas largest employer, an essential employer, is laying off 20% of their staff. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
What the hell is wrong with you? its about Hypoxemia as a result of Covid, which is what I’ve been saying. try again. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Here’s an excerpt for you supporting what I said along with the other articles I posted. Then came the autopsies. When they opened up some deceased patients’ lungs, they expected to find evidence of pneumonia and damage to the tiny air sacs that exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide between the lungs and the bloodstream. Instead, they found tiny clots all over. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Explain what exactly is incorrect. Also reference the three other articles I posted pointing to Covids affects on blood. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I thought it would go without saying that we wouldn’t have held sporting events and other large gatherings. Sweden didn’t continue to do that either. I’m talking about jobs and isolating the at risk instead of putting 30% of the country out of work. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
The point of the article is that it might have been smarter not to shut down the entire economy. They've kept nearly everyone working and they wont have the paranoia to deal with that we do when they try to bounce back from this. I wish this was the route that we had taken. Instead nearly everyone I know is laid off right now. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
More evidence that this virus is attacking primarily the blood cells. The acute respiratory distress that is listed as the leading cause of death as a result of covid is simply a byproduct of the lungs overworking to replenish oxygen to blood cells that can no longer carry oxygen. https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB1336g0?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I read that article a few weeks ago and question it. This photo is from the source article. Note the scale difference for tuberculosis vs othe causes, many magnitudes larger. And the decline coincided directly with the time period in question. IMO this one decline alone accounted for drop in mortality, which had nothing to do with the depression. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Yea it does. Now the trillion dollar question is whether a survivor of a mild strain is immune to a deadlier strain. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Was mutated to 8 strains a few weeks ago, now 30. I doubt we'll have a viable vaccine anytime soon. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20060160v1 -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
This is the same that I've expected/experienced. Your flight was booked directly with the airline, right? -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
If Russia attacks the Saudis the US will attack Russia, then China sides with Russia...and we have WW3. That's good for no one. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Meh...I don't know how good this is if it lasts for any appreciable period of time. 90% of the Saudi economy comes from oil, and 70% of Russia's. I would imagine that the Saudi's can float for a while, whereas Russia will become pretty desperate and aggressive quickly. If saudis keep pumping out oil Russia will attack their oilfields, whether directly or by proxy. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I disagree, maintaining residents is actually a financial/time burden(PITA) on a hospital system. I can only speak locally. And they are hemorrhaging money across all service lines, not just the ones you mentioned. The Covid cases are turning into an accounting nightmare as costs for supplies have ballooned and guidance for coding modifiers is changing daily. I'll agree that LONG term this would hurt, but you're talking years from now there being a shortage. I would be more concerned that colleges stateside and globally wont even be able to produce students ready for residency. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Which goes back to my point about this latest immigration move being more about protecting jobs than preventing more Covid cases. That has to be the play. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Buckeyes_Suck replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I get your argument but currently the situation is the opposite. Medical staff, including MDs, are being furloughed/laid off all over the country or being asked to take pay cuts. I know locally that healthcare is hemorrhaging money.
