Jump to content

ShawnEastTN

Members
  • Posts

    1,951
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ShawnEastTN

  1. This is going to be such an interesting event to watch play out. Currently my weather station is reporting 35.7 degrees dewpoint of 29 and radar returns about 20 miles away as the crow flies. I think this one has high potential to bust high and be full of surprises. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  2. Just hit the 1" mark imby today. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  3. Started raining IMBY according to my weather station at 4am (northern Meigs county) currently since it started I'm sitting at .72 inches for the day with rainfall rates bouncing between .12" up to as high as .29" an hour so far. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  4. Crazy stuff, verbatim that puts just at or just under 13" of rain in my back yard over 10 days. Being winter there just isn't anything to drink up that water from the soil. Could make last February's flooding look trivial. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  5. I've now passed the 3" mark since midnight, sitting at 3.16" Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  6. Currently sitting at 2.48" since midnight, and .30" yesterday. Imby Northern Meigs County. Think Morristown forecast amounts are far too low for this event! Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  7. Looks like you were spot on. Was way off MRX forecast, but on the back edge now of precip, and have 1.46"
  8. Think I am going to bust high on Precip for the day. Already at .75" and precip rates are running pretty high at times, looking at radar and current rates I anticipate around 2" minimum today, way above forecast.
  9. IMBY I ended the last 2 days at .96" of rain and pretty amazed to see the impact today in the creeks. Creeks between my house and Athens have risen and turned red with such small totals. It's really strange to see, hope Sunday isn't too bad. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  10. Still coming down here sitting now at 5.38" for the day today. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  11. Just started pouring here again thunderstorm type rates. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  12. My February to date. 12.77" more than 1/3 of that month to date was today so far. [emoji2962] Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  13. Just finally out of that train IMBY. Since midnight 4.67" for the day so far. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  14. I have noticed that as well. They tend to use areal way more. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  15. Subway restaurant Signal Mountain destroyed by mudslide. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  16. I can't get over how heavy the rain is at times. Just had summer thunderstorm precip rates for about 10 minutes. It does that let's up a little then right back to it. I'm now past 3" since midnight. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  17. Went to bed it wasnt even raining. Thought well it won't be that bad. Wake up yard is flooded, rain gauge showing 2.89" since midnight. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  18. I was thinking the same thing. Strong language, they are definitely taking it seriously for sure. Though IMBY, I cannot remember a wetter winter either. Just since last Friday IMBY I've recorded 5.3" of rain, of course that's on top of all the wet weather before. I think it is an exceptional situation considering the time of the year with no plant life to assist in taking in that water from the soil. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  19. Yeah now that you mention it they drew into MEG also. Interesting usually they stop short of crossing into neighboring CWAs, or just barely draw into a neighbor but the definitely didn't use that restraint in that graphic. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  20. They drew that graphic all the way into MRX area I'm in their concern area. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  21. I ended just under 2" from yesterday IMBY, it won't take much to have road closures in my area from flooding, some areas are teetering on it already. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  22. A lot of thunder and lightning rates have really picked up. Just checked and now at 1.25". Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  23. Closing in on .75" and a long ways to go looking at the radar for the night. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  24. I bet as the week goes on we are going to see more rock slides and highway slides. So much water has undercut rock above roads and under roadways that both occurrences I think will tick up. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...