• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Russian Hail Video

http://thevane.gawker.com/panicked-russians-flee-beach-as-thunderstorm-drops-golf-1604750349/+laceydonohue

A powerful thunderstorm swept through the Siberian capital of Novosibirsk on Saturday, bringing with it huge wind-driven hailstones that pelted surprised and panicked beachgoers. The video is intense, going from relative calm to chaos as the rain and hail sweep over a nearby bridge and onto the crowded beach.

Thanks for sharing!  A couple of comments:

This is why the whole world could use a nice dual-pol network.

Even without radar, did those people not see it coming?  There had to be some pretty dark clouds and thunder hinting at the notion to get out of the water ahead of time.  (Certainly not specific to Russians, there are plenty of people here in the U.S. who don't heed the warning signs).

Those people are lucky that beach came equipped with metal umbrellas or whatever those things were!

I feel bad for that guy that didn't get any shelter (e.g. at 1:28), although I'm sure he could have squeezed in somewhere if he made the effort.

Thanks for sharing!  A couple of comments:

This is why the whole world could use a nice dual-pol network.

Even without radar, did those people not see it coming?  There had to be some pretty dark clouds and thunder hinting at the notion to get out of the water ahead of time.  (Certainly not specific to Russians, there are plenty of people here in the U.S. who don't heed the warning signs).

A nice dual pol radar would not have helped those people in the slightest.

I've seen dark clouds thousands of times in my life and I can count the number of times its produced hail on one hand.

Archived