joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Florida Wet Season 2014

smog strangler

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am new to SFL (Treasure Coast)  area as I am a New England Transplant and wondering how long does the rainy season last?

Welcome! I am from the Treasure Coast as well. Typically in our area wet season can start mid to late May or as late as mid June. Dry season will usually commence in mid to late Sept or as late as mid October.

I'm at work but will try and link some good reading on this later.

.41 last night. That's my highest total in 3 weeks! Needed that.
Got a front slowly making it's way down from Georgia this week. Hopefully It will help with the 1.18 for this month. To put it into persepective if I cut my grass next week I will have cut it twice in the last 2 months. Yep, it's been that dry.

Headed down to Jacksonville and Gainesville for the next week and a half. How ugly will my heat/humidity shock be coming from VT, where we've already been <32?

Not nearly as bad as if going to South Florida although it's starting to wane here IRT temps and humidity as we get closer to dry season.

You will be fine

Headed down to Jacksonville and Gainesville for the next week and a half. How ugly will my heat/humidity shock be coming from VT, where we've already been <32?

I'm in Ocala which is just south of Gainesville. The nights and mornings are cooler but the days are still hot.  NOT as opressive as normal summer weather mind you but it's slowly cooling down.

Next 7 days are about mid to upper 80's and 70 at night. But here's the kicker. T storms everyday. :)

Paultry 2.57 here.

Looking at my records September can really be a boom or bust. 2005 I had .36 for the month. 2007 I had 16.53. That 16.53 was not tropical rain either. Just one of those months when every storm hit my back yard.

WoW @ a 16.53 any month. The most I have had in a month is in the 10's although I hit that multiple times.

Yesterday racked up another stellar 1.25 and now at a relatively gaudy 7.46 so far for Sept.

WoW @ a 16.53 any month. The most I have had in a month is in the 10's although I hit that multiple times.

Yesterday racked up another stellar 1.25 and now at a relatively gaudy 7.46 so far for Sept.

A deluge of 6.41" on September 24 brought the monthly rainfall at Daytona Beach up to 17.58", and they sit at 17.72" through the 27th. Could see some more heavy rains there on the 29th-30th.  Any bets on a 20" month without a TC?

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=DAB&product=CF6&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

post-42-0-78445100-1411897665_thumb.jpg

Paultry 2.57 here.

Looking at my records September can really be a boom or bust. 2005 I had .36 for the month. 2007 I had 16.53. That 16.53 was not tropical rain either. Just one of those months when every storm hit my back yard.

Man, go on vacation for a few days and the sky's open up. My 2.57 is now just under 9 inches with a lot more out in the gulf to come. Yeehaw!!

A deluge of 6.41" on September 24 brought the monthly rainfall at Daytona Beach up to 17.58", and they sit at 17.72" through the 27th. Could see some more heavy rains there on the 29th-30th.  Any bets on a 20" month without a TC?

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=DAB&product=CF6&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Dayum! 20" is looking like a good possibility.

Started last week at 2.57. Ended up with 10.21 for the month. Pretty impressive but September can be like that.
First cold front of the season arrives Saturday night.  Right now NWS is forecasting a low of 56 with upper 70's on Sunday. Finally a break from this humidity. Also pretty much ends the rainy season too.
I wonder if the tropical season is over too.

Archived