Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Florida Wet Season 2014

smog strangler

NWS MIAMI:

WPC EXCESSIVE RNFL OUTLOOK FOR TODAY MENTIONS SOUTH FLORIDA...WHICH IS AN UNUSUAL OCCURRENCE AND HIGHLIGHTS THE ENHANCED FLOOD RISK THIS AFTERNOON.

STEERING WINDS BACK TO THE SOUTHEAST ON FRIDAY WITH JUST A SLIGHT DECREASE IN MOISTURE SE FLORIDA. THIS WIND FLOW REGIME WILL FOCUS THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS THE INTERIOR AND TOWARDS THE GULF COAST. FRIDAY MAY BE A SLIGHT RESPITE FROM STORMINESS FOR THE EAST COAST METRO AREAS BEFORE MORE NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS RETURN THIS WEEKEND. GLOBAL MODELS CONTINUE TO SHOW AN INVERTED TROUGH MOVING ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THIS WEEKEND WITH AXIS MOVING ACROSS THE AREA SAT NIGHT-EARLY SUN. THIS LOOKS TO SET THE STAGE FOR A STORMY WEEKEND...WITH LIKELY MORE ACTIVITY THAN NORMAL AT NIGHT ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST WHERE DECENT CONVERGENCE COULD OCCUR. WILL HAVE TO WATCH FOR LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL IF A TRAINING CELL PATTERN WERE TO DEVELOP THIS WEEKEND ATLANTIC COAST...AS THOSE PATTERN SCAN LEAD TO EXCESSIVE RAINFALL AMOUNTS. SOMETHING TO MONITOR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys.
Thought I would pop in to see what's happening.
After a very wet June and July August has been a bust, so far.
After yesterdays flood ravaging .01 I'm at 1.77 for the month. The pattern really shifted up here. All the action seems to near the coasts.
I think the downward trend of rainfall has begun in my area, unless we get some tropical activity. The latter part of August the precip begins to wane and by mid September it really drops off.
Still some time left to add to the years total of 40.96. For comparison sake last years total was 41.26.

Hey guys.

Thought I would pop in to see what's happening.

After a very wet June and July August has been a bust, so far.

After yesterdays flood ravaging .01 I'm at 1.77 for the month. The pattern really shifted up here. All the action seems to near the coasts.

I think the downward trend of rainfall has begun in my area, unless we get some tropical activity. The latter part of August the precip begins to wane and by mid September it really drops off.

Still some time left to add to the years total of 40.96. For comparison sake last years total was 41.26.

IMBY

10.08 - June

10.59 - July

3.17 - So far in August

January was over 9.00 as well which was crazy. I will have to go get my yearly numbers to see where I shake out.

Awesome that you will pass all of 2013 soon O. 

Same pattern again today. With a westerly flow they come in off the gulf and grow bigger as they move inland. East coast going to get pounded again.

What happened to the toad? Or, are you leaving that chapter behind.

toad got strangled and is gone forever.

Yes, same day four times in a row now. Convection popping up on the Gulf side early and marching all the way and off the Atlantic side and in fast action too. I'm heading to a concert tonight in WPB (thankfully under the roof) although big rains will be well gone by showtime!

GFS now riding it up to Pt st Lucie.

Pretty dam hot out to day. It was 97 today with the forcast to be 97 to 100 the next couple days. But of course it's a dry heat. :maphot:

Ha! Don't goad ME bro! :D

Hot for so long but by me it is a soupy mess. Of course. Endless gaudy dew points.

Def. the wettest first half of rainy season since I have been here.

If 96L becomes a stronger system which seems to be the case then everyone in Florida most definitely need to keep an eye on this since now there seems to be a model consensus of landfall in Florida and this is one of those cases where a stronger system would get left behind as the ridge builds back in so it could be some interesting days to come

woah, I've never seen that kind of raw number on the TC. Of course the high DP takes care of it feeling tlike that and worse!

Was it dry?

You know it was a tad bit drier. Still though at work I drank 5 jugs of water and still only pissed once.

Also beat Thursday's 99.2 with a 99.4 on Friday. The storms that did pop yesterday were pretty nasty ijn regards to wind and rain. Still nothing at the house as I'm going on 3 weeks without cutting the grass. No rain no growth.

Some of the models, not all, shifted a bit west with a TS making landfall on the SE coast of Florida. Of course several still have it fishing. Either way doesn't look like it will amount to much but maybe I could get some much needed rain.

First break in humidity in a long time. Last night got down to 74 and amazing how cool that felt. Was waking up to low and mid 80's for some time beforehand.

Stiff breeze for two days has dried out everything. At 3.5" or so for August after 10 plus in June and July. Dry season kickoff is likely less than 30 days away.

Some huge rain producers roaming around the area yesterday. As usual they didn't meander over my way but did get .26. At 3.04 for the month with one day to go. Hopefully one of those rare 5 inch toads stops by today. :)
With the peak of tropical season approaching lets hope we get something going.
peakofseason_sm.gif

Archived