• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Clip from June 5th storm chase

weatherwiz

As many of us will remember (or maybe not) the weekend of June 5th, 2010-June 6th, 2010 was a pretty crazy one for us in southern New England as we faced back-to-back tornado watches, now while in any given summer we may see one tornado watch, it's pretty freaking rare to experience a tornado watch on back-to-back days. Now Sunday was supposed to be the day with the higher potential but we all know it didn't work out that way.

Anyways, Saturday the 5th was a pretty decent severe wx day here in N. CT as there was a pretty decent microburst that hit the BDL area, in fact this was caught on video by cameras in some parking lots across the street. My friend and I also happened to get basically the entire storm on video as well as it was approaching.

Several days ago my friend had sent me one of the videos and mentioned as we was watching it he noticed something that may have actually been a funnel cloud, now as this was going on we did note rotation and I had called in and was told this storm was exhibiting rotation but it was nothing too extreme.

This feature occurs around 1:40 in and my friend highlighted the area. I sent the video to Ekster and he said it was hard to tell by the video b/c it was so far away and it was hard to get a good idea of the rotation but said there appeared to be something that was a ragged funnel cloud with the wall cloud and the storm structure did support it!

This would mean we saw TWO funnel clouds in TWO days!

That was an awesome storm...we JUST missed the damage by a few miles...watching the microburst was AMAZING. I'll post the rest of the videos when I get back from the Whale game.

. . . Two questions:

Is there anyway I can get a refund for that 10 minutes of my life that I just let slip away? Could you have been any further away from the "action"?

In all seriousness, I thought I did here someone talking about a video of a funnel cloud captured in New England last summer. I couldn't watch the video at work due to the freaking firewall, but I thought I remembered this being discussed.

. . . Two questions:

Is there anyway I can get a refund for that 10 minutes of my life that I just let slip away? Could you have been any further away from the "action"?

In all seriousness, I thought I did here someone talking about a video of a funnel cloud captured in New England last summer. I couldn't watch the video at work due to the freaking firewall, but I thought I remembered this being discussed.

Well there is much more to the video, I just posted that part of the video, the storm was coming at us...I'll get the rest of it from my friend and post it...you can actually see the microburst as it's occurring.

Archived