Newest Member
    joxey
1/11-1/12 Amateur Map Thread

_AR_

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final Map

Follow up to posted map. Storm will be very dynamic which will likely result in a sharp cutoff of accumulations to the west. Indications are this cutoff will, like 12/26, be situated near or over NNJ. Any adjustments in track or intensity of storm may shift this zone east or west thus altering final accumulations in some areas. Map represents the most likely outcome. Further updates will be posted in real time.

post-2229-0-31719400-1294767719.jpg

AR and Voyager-- watch in the next 2-3 runs of the GFS and NAM- the rookies will be going nuts. I post here in this thread so it cannot be said that I am off my rocker. 6-12 is a good bet for LV- watch the radar rather than the models- there are too many variables working in this storm to rely on just one model

Well, have you been looking at the pinned thread? They are going nuts-- people wanting suspensions- trolling issues and calling the storm a bust and it has not even happened yet. The only thing that concerns me is that the primary and high ratios die over the mts too soon. I am still seeing 6-12 for ABE but if the primary dies to soon, we are looking at 2-4. Just keeping reading the pinned thread. real funny

Here's my call. I think the storm will get its act together in a hurry east of Long Island, but a bit too late to give NYC (and obviously, areas west) 12+ amounts. As of now, I'm gonna say that NYC gets roughly 8 inches, with the potential for a lot more as you head east (mixing is a threat on the South Fork) and northeast.

post-4858-0-60888000-1294794612.jpg

Well, have you been looking at the pinned thread? They are going nuts-- people wanting suspensions- trolling issues and calling the storm a bust and it has not even happened yet. The only thing that concerns me is that the primary and high ratios die over the mts too soon. I am still seeing 6-12 for ABE but if the primary dies to soon, we are looking at 2-4. Just keeping reading the pinned thread. real funny

Well AR and Voyager, How did I do? I know the storm is not over but I think I was pretty close? The pinned thread last night and this morning was hilarious as they saw the primary taking over and the snowfall rates drop in NJ and the models went to hell in a hand basket. Watch the radar. Thanks

final forecast...high confidence most areas, although I'm a bit cautious about the western gradient between 4-8 and 8-12...radar looks impressive and it looks like the GFS was fairly crappy with its QP forecasts for western areas. Even the 00z NAM might be too low in some areas, but we'll see.

post-533-0-67493500-1294801387.jpg

Here's my call. I think the storm will get its act together in a hurry east of Long Island, but a bit too late to give NYC (and obviously, areas west) 12+ amounts. As of now, I'm gonna say that NYC gets roughly 8 inches, with the potential for a lot more as you head east (mixing is a threat on the South Fork) and northeast.

post-4858-0-60888000-1294794612.jpg

I think this one is going to verify the most correct.

Archived