Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,039
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

NNE Cold Season Thread 2026-27


WxWatcher007
 Share

Recommended Posts

A few days ago we thought that first flakes were possible as some of the guidance brought the coldest temperatures of the season into the region this week, and today some of the high peaks are seeing snow over in my WXW2 (SLK) neck of the woods as well as out east toward @powderfreak.

Last year was a heavenly first winter for me in the north country, where Saranac Lake saw its first measurable on Halloween, had snow falling on every major holiday through Easter, and saw its last flakes on May 8. I recorded 154.9" of snow on just one double digit snowfall event :lol:. I witnessed (possible) diamond dust, snow falling below zero, and a -20F morning. 

There was continual snow cover from 11/27 to 3/16 and a peak recorded depth of 27".

As a Super Nino takes hold, there's a great deal of uncertainty over how "bad" things might get with a warm winter all but guaranteed. 

Here in my quiet corner of the world (when I'm there), I'll continue to dream for a return to the magical times that were had not too long ago... 

yn0b8tA.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I recorded 154.9" of snow on just one double digit snowfall event :lol:. 

This has to be the most NNE thing ever, haha.  Classic.

Recorded the first snowflakes on Mansfield today and first graupel at home.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...