DirtySnowDen Posted 11 hours ago Share Posted 11 hours ago 8 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said: Yeah it is going to be warmer, but far from the worst case scenario we were looking at a few months ago Sent from my SM-S176V using Tapatalk I agree, but can’t rule out a solid storm away from the coast. If you are on the coast south of Boston, I think you are porked for snowfall totals. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stadiumwave Posted 11 hours ago Share Posted 11 hours ago 2 hours ago, Go Kart Mozart said: How did it compare to the upcoming?...understanding it is tough to know what really happened in the 1800s.... I read a paper that Paul Roundy had shared in the last couple of years that discussed any known global impacts. Like you said, a lot if it has to be pieced together from written records from individuals in parts of the world in that time frame & then the rest from reanalysis. If I can find the paper I will share it. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stadiumwave Posted 10 hours ago Share Posted 10 hours ago 1 minute ago, stadiumwave said: I read a paper that Paul Roundy had shared in the last couple of years that discussed any known global impacts. Like you said, a lot if it has to be pieced together from written records from individuals in parts of the world in that time frame & then the rest from reanalysis. If I can find the paper I will share it. Here are a couple: https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/clim/33/11/jcli-d-19-0650.1.xml https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/clim/31/23/jcli-d-18-0159.1.xml Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DirtySnowDen Posted 10 hours ago Share Posted 10 hours ago 4 hours ago, Prismshine Productions said: Yeah it is going to be warmer, but far from the worst case scenario we were looking at a few months ago Sent from my SM-S176V using Tapatalk I’ve turned into the old man from “Up” last ten years. I used to hope for snow/oce, now I hope for rain. Sadly, anything ocean/oscillating is terrible when forecasting 7-10 days out. However, when it arrives”whether” it’s pos or neg, kinda dictates the next few months. It is a planetary flow. I do not know what to expect, but being a borderline record El Niño this year means something……..Can I get callout on how super El Niños performed in the region? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
40/70 Benchmark Posted 1 hour ago Author Share Posted 1 hour ago 13 hours ago, stadiumwave said: That El Nino was something! That potential has to at least be considered possible. This is totally anecdotal, but I really doubt it considering the stretch from which we are just emerging. I think we are on par for some positive regression in terms of snowfall...I understand the CC-oriented counter to that, and it's perfectly valid, so no need to get into that...ultimately all we can do is guess, and that is mine. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
40/70 Benchmark Posted 59 minutes ago Author Share Posted 59 minutes ago 15 hours ago, EasternLI said: 1877-78 was known as the year without a winter. Interestingly a very powerful el nino event that year. We were really paid back 100 years later!! 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
40/70 Benchmark Posted 57 minutes ago Author Share Posted 57 minutes ago 10 hours ago, DirtySnowDen said: I agree, but can’t rule out a solid storm away from the coast. If you are on the coast south of Boston, I think you are porked for snowfall totals. I wouldn't say that given major El Nino climo....I think lower in latitude has the best shot at above climo snowfall. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now