• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Park (CP) Does August rainfall equal or exceed 10" for a second successive month- first time since 1983 (it did 8/28 edit)? Closing date for your prediction 1159PM Aug 25

wdrag

3 hours ago, wdrag said:

August CP total 10.32 through 8AM/28.  Just so you know how difficult it is... Newark T past 24 hours, so far.  So, I know some want to state it was a gimme...  but not in my mind.  Convective qpf has very large gradients over just a 1000-5000 feet.  Now, how much more  before Sept 1?  Please see IDA thread. 

I've added digital storm total data for this event through 606AM,  and note the black areas of no qpf up against the rainy areas. To illustrate further, at 922AM I added the CoCoRAHS data...note in NNJ the 1.61" and the Trace very nearby. Click CoCoRaHs map for greater clarity. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 8.31.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 9.21.06 AM.png

Hey Walt- it rained a deluge for an hour here in SW Nassau County between 5 and 6 am for a whole hour.....does that 1.59 in SW Nassau include that?  and wow southern Suffolk got almost 4"?!  Walt would you happen to have a radar screenshot of what happened here between 5 and 6 this morning?  I would love to see it, thanks!

46 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Hey Walt- it rained a deluge for an hour here in SW Nassau County between 5 and 6 am for a whole hour.....does that 1.59 in SW Nassau include that?  and wow southern Suffolk got almost 4"?!  Walt would you happen to have a radar screenshot of what happened here between 5 and 6 this morning?  I would love to see it, thanks!

Radar estimates 2-6" in Suffolk this morning

Screenshot_20210828-125407_RadarScope.jpg

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I don't have a screen shot for that hour, but you can use this site to go back and put in the zulu hours  (09z for 5am, 10z for 6AM and the correct date for the OKX radar and you should see what you're looking for.  Thanks, Walt

Walt

• Thanks 1