• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tempest Weather System by Weatherflow? Does anyone have one? thoughts??

ChescoWx

WF has updated my ticket.  They can ship a replacement out now or if I choose to wait until about the end of July they have a new design with more robust features such as lower internal connection count, anti intrusion screen to keep pests out and updated pressure sensor array.  So (of course) I will wait this out as the unit is working for the exception of the pressure reading.  Hopefully this reliability issue can be solved.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Replacement "new design" is up.  It arrived Thursday and I had time to swap it out in this heat!

It looks identical to the old one and I asked if this one was the new design and they assured me it is.  So we will see.

It's been through two decent storms already.  I will update in the future with any issues out of the norm.

• 2 months later...

I wish I could recommend Tempest, but cannot due to my own disappointment. Nothing is perfect.  My Ambient just had a power supply failure after almost two years in existence and another is being sent to me free of charge.  Power hit took it out. I'll stay with Ambient but if it fails again within a year, I probably will opt for greater expense Davis (which I hope will be more reliable).

I scrolled off NYC subforum and found this topic of interest.

On 10/25/2023 at 11:20 AM, wdrag said:

I wish I could recommend Tempest, but cannot due to my own disappointment. Nothing is perfect.  My Ambient just had a power supply failure after almost two years in existence and another is being sent to me free of charge.  Power hit took it out. I'll stay with Ambient but if it fails again within a year, I probably will opt for greater expense Davis (which I hope will be more reliable).

I scrolled off NYC subforum and found this topic of interest.

Agreed Walt! I have now gone through 5 units (customer service is great and always replace) however nothing beats the reliability of my Davis VP2 Pro - I have only had to replace it 1x in 20 years of service as of this month.

Costs more but also more accurate with the fan aspirated shield which improves summer time readings. Highly recommend that one!
Paul

12 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Agreed Walt! I have now gone through 5 units (customer service is great and always replace) however nothing beats the reliability of my Davis VP2 Pro - I have only had to replace it 1x in 20 years of service as of this month.

Costs more but also more accurate with the fan aspirated shield which improves summer time readings. Highly recommend that one!
Paul

Thank you very much.  Nick up here in nw NJ highly recommends what you posted.  That's my next after my Ambient 1900 goes belly up. Ambient just replaced a power supply for me and the reregister reconnected. I have two Stratus gauges to check the AW rainfall. For now satisfied, but my next will be a Davis VP2 Pro.

• Like 2