Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Amped

Trump is serious about buying Greenland

Recommended Posts

I can tell cause it's going to melt away and put him underwater, just like all of his other investments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt that Denmark will “sell” Greenland for any price. Greenland’s small population lives in freedom. U.S. military access does not require U.S. possession of Greenland. Such a purchase would serve few, if any, American interests, even if the President seeks to be immortalized as a 21st Century William Seward (who was instrumental in the nation’s purchase of Alaska). Exploitation of its raw minerals would be incompatible with trying to arrest the erosion of its ice sheet and preservation of its environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silly story imho, especially as the US tried to buy it once before, after WW2. At that time, the offer price was $100 MM, but Denmark did not rise to the bait.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

I doubt that Denmark will “sell” Greenland for any price. Greenland’s small population lives in freedom. U.S. military access does not require U.S. possession of Greenland. Such a purchase would serve few, if any, American interests, even if the President seeks to be immortalized as a 21st Century William Seward (who was instrumental in the nation’s purchase of Alaska). Exploitation of its raw minerals would be incompatible with trying to arrest the erosion of its ice sheet and preservation of its environment.

Two comments  ... then some fun paranoia... seeing as you asked me ....

1 .. Greenland passed a referendum in the mid 2000 that gives them even more autonomous separation from Denmark as a self-determining government and so forth ... so technically... it may not even be as simple as what Denmark wants/says - ...that said, Greenland wants their identity and have made that recently very clear; thus the only thing hotter than the GW ruining their ice cap is the bluster coming from Chump 

2 .. Your right about the minerals... Though nothings been proven because it's beneath a mile of ice ... the land mass is thought to be rich in iron ores, gold ...even uranium.  I wouldn't put it past Chump and his absurd rampart of enablers ( who are thank god beginning to erode ) to be so stupid in and because of their elitist arrogance ...to actually think because of who they are, anyone else must not realize the advantages they have. Typical failing of elitism ...  where they can throw a billion at em' and walk away exploiting everything they've conned in order to make so much money that money no longer has any effective meaning at all ... I'm being sarcastically licensed there ..but you get my drift. 

3 .. As the world succumbs to certain ... inexorable conclusions ... the interest of self preservation is an instinct all Human beings would tend to possess...  For some, they need to see the train before removing themselves from the tracks... For others, they have wherewithal to foresee the dangers with longer, coherent foresight.   And, of these latter ilk... certain very well funded "cadres" of individuals might just be jostling for the last plausible bastions of safety that may avail ...if/when there is some sort of macro-scaled Humanitarian crisis. 

I can't recall the professors name ... damn, I'll have to find it... But this individual is ...I wanna say a globally renowned Economist, but also cross over expertise in the natural sciences ...because his focus is more on the fundamentals of economic structure, which of course is footed in Natural resources... etc ...etc.

Anyway, I read something from him where he was concerned.  He was concerned because about ten years ago ... he's began receiving phone calls at odd times of the late evening/night.  3am from computer enhanced voice(s) that won't identify themselves ... but espouse, 'please don't be alarmed by affectation of the voice you are hearing.'  You know... the cozy kind of shit you'd see in Clancy plot... This person(s) were asking about places that might fair the best in the event of a global holocaust... running down what those place would be, relative to the type of global holocaust... be it nuclear war, pan-systemic ecological apocalypse, pandemic horrors ... Think Mad Max dystopia.   Greenland is/was one of those places...  So ... not hard to connect the dots here ... Prooooobably coincidence ... but, hey...  if anyone would have said 30 years ago, that we'd be enduring as a culture, massacre shootings at societal pulse rates ... truth is usually stranger than expectation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Two comments  ... then some fun paranoia... seeing as you asked me ....

1 .. Greenland passed a referendum in the mid 2000 that gives them even more autonomous separation from Denmark as a self-determining government and so forth ... so technically... it may not even be as simple as what Denmark wants/says - ...that said, Greenland wants their identity and have made that recently very clear; thus the only thing hotter than the GW ruining their ice cap is the bluster coming from Chump 

2 .. Your right about the minerals... Though nothings been proven because it's beneath a mile of ice ... the land mass is thought to be rich in iron ores, gold ...even uranium.  I wouldn't put it past Chump and his absurd rampart of enablers ( who are thank god beginning to erode ) to be so stupid in and because of their elitist arrogance ...to actually think because of who they are, anyone else must not realize the advantages they have. Typical failing of elitism ...  where they can throw a billion at em' and walk away exploiting everything they've conned in order to make so much money that money no longer has any effective meaning at all ... I'm being sarcastically licensed there ..but you get my drift. 

3 .. As the world succumbs to certain ... inexorable conclusions ... the interest of self preservation is an instinct all Human beings would tend to possess...  For some, they need to see the train before removing themselves from the tracks... For others, they have wherewithal to foresee the dangers with longer, coherent foresight.   And, of these latter ilk... certain very well funded "cadres" of individuals might just be jostling for the last plausible bastions of safety that may avail ...if/when there is some sort of macro-scaled Humanitarian crisis. 

I can't recall the professors name ... damn, I'll have to find it... But this individual is ...I wanna say a globally renowned Economist, but also cross over expertise in the natural sciences ...because his focus is more on the fundamentals of economic structure, which of course is footed in Natural resources... etc ...etc.

Anyway, I read something from him where he was concerned.  He was concerned because about ten years ago ... he's began receiving phone calls at odd times of the late evening/night.  3am from computer enhanced voice(s) that won't identify themselves ... but espouse, 'please don't be alarmed by affectation of the voice you are hearing.'  You know... the cozy kind of shit you'd see in Clancy plot... This person(s) were asking about places that might fair the best in the event of a global holocaust... running down what those place would be, relative to the type of global holocaust... be it nuclear war, pan-systemic ecological apocalypse, pandemic horrors ... Think Mad Max dystopia.   Greenland is/was one of those places...  So ... not hard to connect the dots here ... Prooooobably coincidence ... but, hey...  if anyone would have said 30 years ago, that we'd be enduring as a culture, massacre shootings at societal pulse rates ... truth is usually stranger than expectation. 

Yes, but Denmark would have to agree to any purchase. Fortunately, things won’t reach that stage. Greenland has now weighed in. It rejected Trump’s idea. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Yes, but Denmark would have to agree to any purchase. Fortunately, things won’t reach that stage. Greenland has now weighed in. It rejected Trump’s idea. 

Yes of course ... the Danes actually own it, but my point was to imply the growing potential for conflict there due to their burgeoning sense of sovereignty. And also too having that in mind that regardless of geodetic recognition ... they aren't exactly keen on being bought ha  

I still ...I'm a little bit more than merely curious why that idea was even floated  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yes of course ... the Danes actually own it, but my point was to imply the growing potential for conflict there due to their burgeoning sense of sovereignty. And also too having that in mind that regardless of geodetic recognition ... they aren't exactly keen on being bought ha  

I still ...I'm a little bit more than merely curious why that idea was even floated  

 

My hypothesis is that the idea was floated with the hope that a purchase could be secured and an achievement registered just in time for Campaign 2020. Of course, my guess could be wrong, especially as I might lack some details on account of still being abroad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

My hypothesis is that the idea was floated with the hope that a purchase could be secured and an achievement registered just in time for Campaign 2020. Of course, my guess could be wrong, especially as I might lack some details on account of still being abroad.

That's most probably the motivation ... yes, agreed.  There's also this talk about Trump wanting to secure his legacy ... similar to the Alaskan purchase from Russia back in the 1860s.  Frankly, however ?  I find it difficult to believe Trump has that much historical education/awareness-based wisdom from which to formulate that kind of projection of his own future...  Simply put.. .he's an idiot in charge, and what awareness there is entirely self-centered and/or labored out of duty and is utterly insincere.   And so I am personally not as inclined to believe he's after that sort of epitaph .. .But, perhaps I am wrong too -   

There are other less likely possibilities...though, that that are ... scarier. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×