• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NWS Wilmington looking for Hurricane Floyd info

Solak

Yeah the rain was insane, we had 9-10" in just 3 hrs at one point, my parents house is on a hill and the rain was flooding the sub level due to water running down on the back of the hill putting 2-3" of water in parts of the downstairs. The wind was only bad for 2-3 hrs with gust to the low 70 mph range. Almost all the roads and bridges where washed out, we were stuck at my parents for 2 days before being able to get home 7 miles away, when we got home we actually had power there unlike my parents. It was only the 3rd day after the storm that the water in the river reached a level that caused the entire county to lose power, then there was no power for 4-5 days....no power, no water, temps pushing 95 it sucked. The one memory that sticks with me is how the grocery stores smelled after being without power for 4 days in 90 degree heat, they where allowing people in small groups in to food and the smell of all the meats and other stuff spoiling was gag worthy.....put me off grocery stores for months.