Welcome to American Weather
Steve

Let's Talk Winter!!

320 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

yup was just going to post this.   It's two-fold.  The stuff coming in from the west not holding together very well and the precip from the eastern low not looking as juicy this far west ....backlash looking less and less.

2nd Prediction:  DAB to 1", (leaning towards DAB).   CMH will still be at single digits for season when said and done.

On the bright side, it's not like we were ever looking at anything that great anyways.  

In a way, I'm glad this will be the case; it can capture the true futility of this winter. There is no doubt that '16-'17 is worse than '15-'16, which most people, including myself, said couldn't be/likely wasn't possible. No doubt last year was bad, but we managed to nickel and dime to the max to hit 17.1" at CMH, which will double this year's total.

15 minutes ago, osubrett2 said:

In a way, I'm glad this will be the case; it can capture the true futility of this winter. There is no doubt that '16-'17 is worse than '15-'16, which most people, including myself, said couldn't be/likely wasn't possible. No doubt last year was bad, but we managed to nickel and dime to the max to hit 17.1" at CMH, which will double this year's total.

agree...

if nothing else I can at least say I've experienced my first single digit snowfall year.   yippee lol

agree...

if nothing else I can at least say I've experienced my first single digit snowfall year.   yippee lol

Weren't you in Columbus for 1996-1997?  That was 7.7". 

Maxed out at 42F IMBY today, actually didn't feel too bad. Currently 31F and it's been lightly snowing small flakes for about 90 minutes. Not sticking to concrete or pavement but there is a light dusting on the grass. 

Mini blizzard this morning in the Dayton area ahead of the warm front, fat giant flakes like 2" in diameter!  Might be the last accumulating snow of the season...

This was the first fantasy snow map posted in this thread mid November.   It is worth noting that not only did this map obviously fail for it's particular time frame, but we ended up going through the entire rest of the winter failing to achieve even 50% of this map's totals.

Today would be a nice day to declare the official end of this thread.   We managed some snow and a little whitening of the ground so we can at least end on a wintry note and put this miserable winter where it belongs....behind us.  

I move to close up shop....

all in favor...

For-Fun.png

Wow buckeye! A lot of those places in that jackpot zone for that specific storm, didn't even achieve a 1/3 of that snowfall for the ENTIRE season. So very glad to put behind possibly the worst winter I've ever experienced (at least since I started following weather) I was born in 1989.

the February torch was fun though. And the unexpected ice event in December.

RIP winter 2016-2017. 

This was the first fantasy snow map posted in this thread mid November.   It is worth noting that not only did this map obviously fail for it's particular time frame, but we ended up going through the entire rest of the winter failing to achieve even 50% of this map's totals.

Today would be a nice day to declare the official end of this thread.   We managed some snow and a little whitening of the ground so we can at least end on a wintry note and put this miserable winter where it belongs....behind us.  

all in favor...

LOL Buckeye, I remember that model, not one flake of snow fell during that time frame!!!

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

all in favor...

For-Fun.png

Goodnight friends...til next years Super Elnino winter. Sigh...