Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Chasing Spring/Summer 2015

Gilbertfly

• 2 weeks later...

We were invited as well, but we have no idea how it'll work out since most students go on our own chases which of course are during pretty much the same time.

Are you gonna end up being a part of it?

Tough choice for me but I ended up turning it down for a REU at the CHILL Radar lab at CSU. Still close to chasing country, but I'll need someone else with a car...

I'm holding off for May/June personally, unless there's something fairly close.  I've been bitten by some early season chases the last few years, and held off on some of the later ones when I should have chased.  Of course every season is different.  If I had the money and time I'd chase every single setup there was lol.  

Wish I would have listened to my own advice.  Chasing 50-60mph storm speeds through Iowa all day last Thursday sucked.  Should have just went to work and gone after the sup about a county east of here after having dinner at home lol.  Oh well.  Hopefully May or June gives me something.  Need a little luck to come my way after the past few years of crap chases.

EDIT:  Fixed about 15 typing errors

• 1 month later...

Thinking of popping the chasing cherry tomorrow. I have only been on local chases...but it looks like the day is open for me. Anyone heading out for tomorrow?

I'll probably be out, but don't plan on straying too far since I work overnight. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived