Initial Thoughts on Summer

Deck Pic

My outlook for the summer is:

June:-1

July:+0.5

August:+2.5

90 degree days 35

Rain 12-14"

I believe there will be a significant tropical impact along VA/MD/DE/NJ coastline 8/27-9/5

90 degree days 35

Rain 12-14"

I believe there will be a significant tropical impact along VA/MD/DE/NJ coastline 8/27-9/5

Looks like July about -0.4 and -0.5 to +0.5 is average/around average so I am content with my +0.5 call, grade that a B.  Missed badly on June and I think will miss on August but will do quite well on the overall call of +0.67.  Rainfall looking good and 90 degree call may be too high but still ok.  Your 2nd outlook will do very well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

90 degree days 35

Rain 12-14"

Post season assessment from Summer Outlook made on April 15th.

The overall temperature call was +0.67 with a +0.4 realized so that is an A.  The rainfall call of 12-14" with 11.4" realized is an A-/B+.

The number 90+ tally is still out as that is for the season as opposed to rain and temps which is for JJA.  The monthlies were out of order although my warm month call of +2.5 was close to the June +2.0.  There was in fact a tropical influence in the time frame I mentioned although it was not a signifcant one but considering lack of activity over last few years it was good insight.

Overall I give this outlook a B grade.  Mr Z had an even better one on his final call although his initial call was not good. 

The overall temperature call was +0.67 with a +0.4 realized so that is an A.  The rainfall call of 12-14" with 11.4" realized is an A-/B+.

The number 90+ tally is still out as that is for the season as opposed to rain and temps which is for JJA.  The monthlies were out of order although my warm month call of +2.5 was close to the June +2.0.  There was in fact a tropical influence in the time frame I mentioned although it was not a signifcant one but considering lack of activity over last few years it was good insight.

Overall I give this outlook a B grade.  Mr Z had an even better one on his final call although his initial call was not good. 

doesn't the KA winter forecast come out soon?

I had one outlook and one outlook only..."initial thoughts" that I cobbled together in 10 minutes in order to foster a discussion is not an outlook...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived