• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Personal Weather Station Hub

Eskimo Joe,

KRYT is the AWOS on the Raven Rock Complex,  The Carroll Valley Airport (Mid Atlantic Soaring Center)http://www.midatlanticsoaring.org/?PUB=1&COL=37 is simply a 2700ft runway for gliders.  It's located on Pecher Rd. on the south side of Liberty Mt Resort. I've been there several times, and there is no AWOS there. The Raven Rock Complex, (Site R to us locals) is a very secure goernment facility (tunnel) off of Harbaugh Valley Rd.  My father worked there for 17 years.  There's not much info about KRYT because it's located on the base, but I do know the station sits right next to their helopad and even though it's in Adams County, LWX maintains it.  I confrimed this through CTP.  I work in Fairfield and grew up 5 miles north of there and know this area very well.  And if you go up to the gates of Site R, MP'S with M 16's will greet you.   http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/? wunderground has the station

I stand corrected!  Awesome, thanks for the information.

The Davis Vantage Pro2 is around 500 or so and the Vantage Vue is around 300. I had The Pro 1 and replaced it with the Vue. witch is a good bang for the buck. Still very accurate. With the Pro2 it has a lot more options you can add to it. Any Davis product has a good reputation. The only reason I replaced the original Pro1 was it got damaged when a down limb fell on it a damaged to the point it was better to replace it then the cost of broken parts.

If I want to get Port Matilda on wunderground, what do you all recommend. I am looking for options both under $300 and under $500. Thanks!

I am very satisfied with my Davis Vue. $500 will get either the Pro2 or the Vue. With the remote anemometer the Pro2 is better for more accurate siting of all the sensors. If you are not able or inclined to mount the anemometer at the recommended 30' height I would probably lean toward the Vue. You will notice lower wind speeds at the lower mounting heights though.

I have a mobile weather station mount for sale.  It's designed for the Davis Vantage Vue.  It worked well when I tried it but I ended up selling the Vue so now I have no need for the vehicle mount.  The mount is like brand new and all four tie downs are included.  If anyone is interested, message me. You could be chasing storms like TWC's Mike Bettes.    (station not included)

mobile-mount.gifmobile-mount-description-2.jpg

The Davis Vantage Pro2 is around 500 or so and the Vantage Vue is around 300. I had The Pro 1 and replaced it with the Vue. witch is a good bang for the buck. Still very accurate. With the Pro2 it has a lot more options you can add to it. Any Davis product has a good reputation. The only reason I replaced the original Pro1 was it got damaged when a down limb fell on it a damaged to the point it was better to replace it then the cost of broken parts.

I am very satisfied with my Davis Vue. $500 will get either the Pro2 or the Vue. With the remote anemometer the Pro2 is better for more accurate siting of all the sensors. If you are not able or inclined to mount the anemometer at the recommended 30' height I would probably lean toward the Vue. You will notice lower wind speeds at the lower mounting heights though.

Thanks!

Archived