• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Analog Based Winter Forecast

UW-weather

Hey everyone, so i have searched the internet to find the most commonly referenced analog years for this winter. I came up with 1978, 2009, 2010, then plug into a computer program to get temperature anomalies.

Thoughts?! 

I think a lot of people are referencing 09-10 as an analog for hype effect, especially since that featured a prolonged -NAO.  I see a year like 03-04 fitting the bill a bit more accurately.  Also have seen 02-03 tossed around, which won't enamor many on this board.

2009-2010 would be a great repeat! Would not care for 2002-03 or 2003-04. Two winters that were back to back clunkers.

I think there will be a SE ridge this winter, so I expect the cold to plunge most west then be angled towards the Atlantic.

2009-2010 would be a great repeat! Would not care for 2002-03 or 2003-04. Two winters that were back to back clunkers.

I think there will be a SE ridge this winter, so I expect the cold to plunge most west then be angled towards the Atlantic.

02-03 wasn't that good, but 03-04 was average.  Just under average for snowfall, but had a very quality snowy and cold January, which bumped it up to average in my book.

Archived