• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
1992 Nor'easter news clips

LongIslandHurricanes

II just purchased software that converts VHS tapes to DVD(or save to computer). I have about 10-12 old VHS tapes and have not looked at them in so long as I no longer have a VCR. so got the software, then borrowed an old VCR player from sister and have started going over them and saving them computer. Wish I labeled the VHS tapes back then, only one of them is labeled and it has Hurricane Andrew news clips, a storm that caused heaving flood in our are just before labor dai in 1992, and news clips from the December 1992 Nor'easter.

I have uploaded the Dec 1992 nor'easters ones to youtube and here they are. Quality is not that great, did not have cable back then so it is a bit fuzzy

Fox 5 news

Fox five news half hour special....Don't know why this does not start at beginning. After starting it move slider to beginning

NBC News clips

Awesome memories with these videos so thanks. My memory is clear: I had just bought a cocker spaniel puppy and had to walk her multiple times per day and it was just brutal out most of the time on Long Island, particularly the incessant wind. Fun storm, but pup messed all over inside the house those days.

Archived