• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Letter Grade and What Did We Learn This Winter

mackerel_sky

It does make sense. You don't remember all the teases this year. Where was the historic Mid to late January cold? Or that 12/27 East coast snowstorm? Or the other mess? Or that SSW event?

No - it doesn't.  We cried last winter because there were no threats to track.  We cried last year because it was effing warm.  The CONUS cried last year because of the wall to wall warmth and lack of ANY snow.

Now we're crying because we had threats to track, but we're bitter because they were false?  Now we're crying because we actually saw snow in many areas that didn't - but it wasn't enough so we're bitter?  The CONUS had record snow seasons and plenty of cold in comparison to last winter.  So it is somehow WORSE?

Bollocks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F for Asheville.  Need I say more?  Extra credit would be a snowstorm before spring is here.  Depending on the amount of snow would be the final grade.  I know winter is not over here from years past, but running out of time.

Does Greenville, SC beat Asheville this year for snowfall? Current official totals have GSP at 2.0 inches and Asheville at 0.2 inches. If I recall, Asheville only rec'd trace of snowfall last year (again, official total).

I live very close to downtown Greenville, SC - give this winter a solid B. I absolutely despise cold and excessive snowfall. We rec'd about 1/2 inch of sleet/ice late January (closing schools) and another 1-2 inches of the most beautiful snowfall I've seen in years (2 weeks ago - thankfully on a Saturday).

You guys are crazy mentioning moves to Denver and New England. I nearly moved to Denver several years ago - their wild weather swings, lack of anything green (unless it's non-native plant species), and remoteness ultimately changed my mind. As mentioned above, Denver real estate is expensive ($$$ for a decent sized yard).

Archived