• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Potential Snowfall in the Ohio Valley

OHweather

Probably against my better judgement...but with the models showing at least 3 storm threats over the next 10 days, figured I would create a thread to put any further discussion on a potential light snow event mainly near the Ohio River on Wednesday in.

0z NAM, GFS, Ukie and Canadian came north and suggest some snow north of the Ohio River. 0z NAM and several overzealous SREF members hint at accumulating snow well into central IN/OH on Wednesday, and it looks like a couple of GFS ensemble members may as well although I haven't seen the 0z individual members yet.

0z Euro appeared to give anyone north of the Ohio River the finger again...which is a bad sign since I'd consider the Euro to be the best in handling these little southern stream impulses. However, with some SE ridging ahead of this little wave and minimal NAO blocking there is some room for the impulse to trend north somewhat over the next day or so. The NAM hints at a phase and would bring snow way north as I mentioned above but it's the NAM near the end of its run and for now it's on an island with that solution...would want to see a sharper ridge off the west coast for a phase over the Ohio Valley.

post-525-0-12084400-1360564196_thumb.png

Archived