joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 27-28 Wintry System

wisconsinwx

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was yours the report from "Northeast Detroit"? You should send them in more often! Detroit proper rarely has any reports on the PNS statements since DTW and most spotters are in the burbs.

And yeah it gets lost in the immediate shuffle because of sleet and freezing rain but the actual SNOW was powdery.

Friday we had more snowfall (3.6" Fri, 2.0" last night) but obviously the liquid equivalent of the events (0.15" Fri, 0.42" last night) makes it a no-brainer that last nights was the bigger travel headache.

Yes, that was my report.

BTW, just a correction, the ratios actually weren't that much worse this time if we're simply comparing snow vs. snow.

The snow may have been a little more packed this time versus the clipper on Friday where the sno was a lillte more dusty, but I certainly wouldn't say it was wet/heavy.

I noticed as I went out this morning that one of the houses on my block had their roof/balcony going over their enclosed porch collapse under the weight of the melting snow/ice. It didn't seem all that heavy, but I guess it was enough.

Basically no snow left here now except the piles where the shoveling was done. Quite foggy and very soggy, there's water standing everywhere.

Archived