• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 17th - Call Map Verification

eyewall

Well I certainly busted in some key areas but overall I stayed on the lower end with my forecasts as compared to some. The most notable bust area is the "foothills screw zone". While I did depict a bit of a notch there I wasn't aggressive enough in that thinking. As always I will try to post this, no matter the outcome, when we have an event.

post-139-0-15645900-1358692632_thumb.jpg

I nailed the wild card zone pretty well...I missed Alleghany County, NC when I sketched this map out in under 3 mins. Foothills snow shadow wise...too hard to sketch so I extended the range down to 1inch regardless of winter storm warnings. 

I don't have much knowledge on Tennessee and the far south-west part of the map...or some of the nearby Asheville elevations so may have missed that. I will probably crop some of those areas off in future forecasts. 

I nailed the wild card zone pretty well...I missed Alleghany County, NC when I sketched this map out in under 3 mins. Foothills snow shadow wise...too hard to sketch so I extended the range down to 1inch regardless of winter storm warnings.

I don't have much knowledge on Tennessee and the far south-west part of the map...or some of the nearby Asheville elevations so may have missed that. I will probably crop those areas off in future forecasts.

I've never seen a wildcard forecast zone before.

I've never seen a wildcard forecast zone before.

I was trying to depict where the possible thunder-snow was going to occur...I think it is safe to forecast a little north and cut totals for everyone by 25% and then remove the outside areas near potential snowfall by 1-3 counties and you will come out with decent forecast if the storm has no true source of cold air.

Yep,  I live a little N of kernersville and got 3", my buddy lives about 7 miles S and had 3/4"   

It was very localized on accumulations.  

Same in Wilkes. Warning criteria in the Brushy Mountains of Wilkes to a trace in Millers Creek. Luckily I was in the advisory criteria in between. 

Micro-climates for the win!

Archived