• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Energy-related CO2 emissions down in 2011

hazwoper

We are exporting the coal to developing nations. The global usage of coal has really increased over the last decade.

http://mobile.busine...ggernaut-2012-6

The wealthy nations are cutting back while the developing nations are burning even more. Time to invest in co2 sequestration technology, it has to be pulled from the air. The alternative is war I guess.

The wealthy nations are cutting back while the developing nations are burning even more. Time to invest in co2 sequestration technology, it has to be pulled from the air. The alternative is war I guess.

I think that the only time that the world will get serious about co2 reduction is when we can move beyond

a carbon based economy. We will need a scientific breakthrough that allows us to transition to a clean

non-polluting energy source. It will also have to be cheap enough for developing nations that are stuck

in poverty to afford.

I think that the only time that the world will get serious about co2 reduction is when we can move beyond

a carbon based economy. We will need a scientific breakthrough that allows us to transition to a clean

non-polluting energy source. It will also have to be cheap enough for developing nations that are stuck

in poverty to afford.

I'd assume that the price of coal would drop as it's usage decreased in developed economies. Poor countries, unable to afford substitutes, would continue to burn the ever cheaper fuel until transportation costs make it unattractive, or until the transportation system breaks down.

A hundred years ago the poor in London could heat their hovel by picking over debris next to the rail tracks. Choked the city almost to death, but probably prevented frost bite.

If a country lowers it's carbon footprint by outsourcing the most energy consuming manufacturing, can this be counted as progress?

Terry

I'd assume that the price of coal would drop as it's usage decreased in developed economies. Poor countries, unable to afford substitutes, would continue to burn the ever cheaper fuel until transportation costs make it unattractive, or until the transportation system breaks down.

A hundred years ago the poor in London could heat their hovel by picking over debris next to the rail tracks. Choked the city almost to death, but probably prevented frost bite.

If a country lowers it's carbon footprint by outsourcing the most energy consuming manufacturing, can this be counted as progress?

Terry

Pet peeve: its.

Terry

The ironic part of this is that the big foreign trade treaties to facilitate this process were signed while Al Gore was VP

back in the 1990's. The policies which were a continuation of previous administrations work to lay the foundation

for globalization actually made it more difficult to arrive at a sensible global emissions reduction policy.

Archived