• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Global Snow Cover Anomalies plunge to record low June.

The_Global_Warmer

The June Snow Cover anomaly chart for all of North America(excluding Greenland) Not only came in first it blew by 2011 during the end of May to do so. The monthly anomaly was around 5,850,000km2 while 2011 4,600,000km2.

The last 5 years for June are the lowest on the data set.

nhland06-2.png

This wasn't the job of one anomalous ridge of HP or pattern both sides of the globe equally contributed.

eurasia06.png?t=1341296842

nam06.png?t=1341296863

http://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/table_area.php?ui_set=0&ui_sort=1

That link is for the weekly numbers. when compared to the whole data set those numbers are quite ridiculous.

Does it play a role in the global temperature regime?

compday-144.gif?t=1341306835

201206.png

Definitely a coorelation. Like the Chicken and the Egg.

The June Snow Cover anomaly chart for all of North America(excluding Greenland) Not only came in first it blew by 2011 during the end of May to do so. The monthly anomaly was around 5,850,000km2 while 2011 4,600,000km2.

It's really ugly. The abnormal and persistent warmth at the high latitudes and widespread unrelenting warmth in North America has almost certainly contributed to the snow melt. In turn, the rapid snow melt has amplified the warmth, leading to additional rapid snow melt.

It's really ugly. The abnormal and persistent warmth at the high latitudes and widespread unrelenting warmth in North America has almost certainly contributed to the snow melt. In turn, the rapid snow melt has amplified the warmth, leading to additional rapid snow melt.

Don S.: Personally, I resisted the idea that global warming (or else a grand reduction of cooling) would assert itself in such an obvious manner. Not any longer, the long term warmth is on. Your contributions certainly bring integrity to a concern that may shape the future for all of us and and our decedents. Thank you.

Don S.: Personally, I resisted the idea that global warming (or else a grand reduction of cooling) would assert itself in such an obvious manner. Not any longer, the long term warmth is on. Your contributions certainly bring integrity to a concern that may shape the future for all of us and and our decedents. Thank you.

Ouch! More methane and Co2 released from the now unfrozen tundra. Thanks fossil fuel GHG's......

Thank you for the very kind words.

Right now, the "Global Warming" ideas are winning in my eyes and the majority of many, scientific wise. All politics should be out of this debate, be it the Heartland Institute/Wattsupwiththat/Corporate Clone folks on one side & the More Progressive enviromental groups/NGO's/Paid & Swayed "Professors" on the other side. I still think there does need to be more persistence statistically for a hypothesis test to be met. I believe a critical point between the Climate Change believers and nonbelievers is coming soon. One side believes in the CO2/CH4 connection more then the "Solar"/AP connection & Oceanic SST cycles and vice versa. We have all heard that we are going into a period of a solar minimum or possibly and grand solar minimum something like the Dalton Minimum. This will be a period of scritiny, after Solar Cycle #24 hits it's max. Obviously if things continue to warm throughout that period, Mean Jets move further into the Upper Lattitudes, Snow/ICE does not recover, SST's, albedo rates, ext; One will be able most likely to close the book on this one way or the other, unless some strange anamolous volcanic event corrupts observations.

Right now, the "Global Warming" ideas are winning in my eyes and the majority of many, scientific wise. All politics should be out of this debate, be it the Heartland Institute/Wattsupwiththat/Corporate Clone folks on one side & the More Progressive enviromental groups/NGO's/Paid & Swayed "Professors" on the other side. I still think there does need to be more persistence statistically for a hypothesis test to be met. I believe a critical point between the Climate Change believers and nonbelievers is coming soon. One side believes in the CO2/CH4 connection more then the "Solar"/AP connection & Oceanic SST cycles and vice versa. We have all heard that we are going into a period of a solar minimum or possibly and grand solar minimum something like the Dalton Minimum. This will be a period of scritiny, after Solar Cycle #24 hits it's max. Obviously if things continue to warm throughout that period, Mean Jets move further into the Upper Lattitudes, Snow/ICE does not recover, SST's, albedo rates, ext; One will be able most likely to close the book on this one way or the other, unless some strange anamolous volcanic event corrupts observations.

Or you can trust in physics.

Archived