• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Memorial Day Weekend

fsu_wxgirl

I know this is a little early, but I am trying to work on my forecasting techniques. So here are my thoughts for Memorial Day Weekend across the Northeast. Temperature wise I'm feeling pretty confident with my forecast of above normal temps. Precipitation is a little harder to pinpoint. Right now I'm going with a dry early weekend, although keeping an eye on the strong tropical fetch across the Caribbean and the possibility of weak low pressure developing somewhere off the Mid-Atlantic Coast. Depending on the placement there could be some scattered showers/thunderstorms Friday or Saturday somewhere along the Mid-Atlantic. There will also be a storm system developing over the Plains early in the weekend. As of right now my forecast is for this system to bring a frontal boundary across the Northeast late in the weekend bringing a chance of scattered or isolated showers and thunderstorms. This morning the models indicated the ridge in the Southeast could be a little stronger so I want to keep my eye on this to see what influence it has on the frontal passage. Any way, those are my thoughts for right now. Just thought I'd put it out there!

I know this is a little early, but I am trying to work on my forecasting techniques. So here are my thoughts for Memorial Day Weekend across the Northeast. Temperature wise I'm feeling pretty confident with my forecast of above normal temps. Precipitation is a little harder to pinpoint. Right now I'm going with a dry early weekend, although keeping an eye on the strong tropical fetch across the Caribbean and the possibility of weak low pressure developing somewhere off the Mid-Atlantic Coast. Depending on the placement there could be some scattered showers/thunderstorms Friday or Saturday somewhere along the Mid-Atlantic. There will also be a storm system developing over the Plains early in the weekend. As of right now my forecast is for this system to bring a frontal boundary across the Northeast late in the weekend bringing a chance of scattered or isolated showers and thunderstorms. This morning the models indicated the ridge in the Southeast could be a little stronger so I want to keep my eye on this to see what influence it has on the frontal passage. Any way, those are my thoughts for right now. Just thought I'd put it out there!

the 0z euro wanted to drop that low pressure affecting us next week into the southeast and cutting it off befoire moving off the se coast later in the weekend while a ridge builds over top of it over us. The cold front looks like it would affect the region later into the following week.

Yeah the Euro is building that ridge in stronger and further west than the GFS forcing the low to move more northward. The GFS allows a weak front to move across the Northeast sometime on Monday bringing the chance of an isolated thunderstorm.

the 0z euro wanted to drop that low pressure affecting us next week into the southeast and cutting it off befoire moving off the se coast later in the weekend while a ridge builds over top of it over us. The cold front looks like it would affect the region later into the following week.

i dont see it memorial day weekend, i see it after memorial day weekend. I think the storm affecting us next week is going to keep the big heat til after the holiday weekend.

80's are certainly doable IF the cutoff morass off of the Atlantic moves away.

Update: Still feeling pretty good about my forecast. Today's GFS MOS guidance indicates temperatures well into the 80s for the weekend with 90s not to0 far away. Also continuing my thoughts on mainly dry weekend with just a chance of some scattered showers.

Update: Still feeling pretty good about my forecast. Today's GFS MOS guidance indicates temperatures well into the 80s for the weekend with 90s not to0 far away. Also continuing my thoughts on mainly dry weekend with just a chance of some scattered showers.

yea it definitely looks like its going to get warm for the weekend. Still think we are going to have to doge afternoon t storms and what not esp on sun and mon. Some could be svr with all the heating around and backdoor cold front in the area. The euro is not as agressive in regards to the heat.

I live in SC, and the trend this spring is for closed and cutoff lows in the SE USA. The trend is your friend as they say. The Euro has been especially strong in picking up on these lows, so I'd give it credence until it starts missing.

Archived