Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2012 Florida Spring / Summer Wet Season

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The heat is just horrible in South FL right now. This morning we bottomed out at 77 with a dew point of 74. Only 4 more months of this...

I'm lovin it! Although the past two days IMBY have been dry as compared to where you are. I'll take it over the awesome Chamber of Commerce weather in the dry season. Although I like that too ...... but want the rain more. Ahh .... tis a viscous cycle lol.

Getting rain but not the good stuff.

So far just under an inch since yesterday but other area's have seen much more.

On Wednesday my daughter graduated and they decided to have it outside. I thought no way is this going to fly. Rain was everywhere up untill about 2 hours before it started

The clouds parted and the sun came out. I couldn't beleive it. They had to contact a higher authority then the weatherman because the clouds literally disapeared and it was nothing but blue sky.

Of course! The few days I'm in Florida next week look soggy due to a tropical wave moving up from the Caribbean... Oh well, from what my parents and friends have told me, they desperately need the rain.

The tropical wave I mentioned a few days ago is going to give areas south of I-4 another great soaking.... Oh course, this is based off a model. Regardless, it's time to break out the boats to get around the Keys and Miami.

Oh, I'm in the 6-8" range... Time to head to the beach while I can!

post-1807-0-22461100-1340154811_thumb.jp

Holy crap .... the SUN is out :sun:

Yeah I was wondering what that was outside.

Totaled 7.87 in the bucket from Debby. Much needed but still need alot more to get area lakes back up to normal. It's a start.

Another little disturbance in the mid-atlantic to keep your eyes on now too.

I have read anywhere from 9-17 here in Baker county, but the St. Mary's is already at 23.3 feet, forecast the last few hours has her cresting at 24.4. Of course it was 21.3 feet a day or so ago, and flood stage is a memory, 12.0 feet. Highway 90 washed out near Olustee, SR 121 near the Ga. line, and a few bridges are out.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread crashed and burned but I guess the weather IMBY gets kind of old.

I'm sure a major tropical system heading this way will perk things up.

yep, gets old quick without some anticipation in the form of true severe or the tropics. Not enough FL posters around! So, unless you are a big data nerd following dew points, humidity, rainfall (which is fun) vs historical .... dis be boring ass weather.

Archived