• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2012 Florida Spring / Summer Wet Season

Today is probably the first nasty day of that real super-Florida humidity. I went to get the mail and I was sweating for 15 minutes after coming back in. LOL.

we had it pretty good for this time of year, but you are right.......today was bad and the first day i had to wear my '' philly / staten island spaghetti'' shirt . ...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you crazies hog all the rain while the rest of the country suffers from drought? :P

PWs are >3 sigma above climo. (2.16" per Key West sounding, but that didn't even capture the maximum). Couple that with 50 kts upper-level outflow north of the wave ventilating the system, and you've got prime ingredients for heavy rain.

For the archive:

post-378-0-71282000-1342974202_thumb.gif

Why do you crazies hog all the rain while the rest of the country suffers from drought? :P

PWs are >3 sigma above climo. (2.16" per Key West sounding, but that didn't even capture the maximum). Couple that with 50 kts upper-level outflow north of the wave ventilating the system, and you've got prime ingredients for heavy rain.

For the archive:

post-378-0-71282000-1342974202_thumb.gif

lol ... you are one of us!

The whole bottom half of the peninsula has a great chance today and tomorrow to pad the numbers before the next bout with SAL.

2 months from now the first cold front will be rolling through up here. Days getting shorter, nights getting longer.

There has been a ton of rain around here but I seem to get just the edges of it. In the last 2 weeks I have had rain everyday but it hasn't added up to a quarter inch.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the winds are back up now. I think there was just a tornado in downtown Coral Gables. I was outside (moving my car away from the trees) and I saw about 5 transformer explosions in the distance (and could hear the electrical zapping noise). I ran back inside and noticed the hook echo on radar (and tornado warning) at that time. It could have been straight-line winds but I suspect it was a brief touchdown. If so, that's the closest I've even been to a tornado...

I was working at the airport all day the 26th and the 27th. We were the one of the only airlines flying.

Got absolutely hammered all day the 26th. The squalls would come every 20 minutes and it would pour and get very very windy. After 8pm on the 26th the wind really picked up and so did the rain. Absolutely torrential downpour for the better part of two hours. Had a wind gust measured at the airport of 55mph.

Archived