• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Accuweather ken Reeves dead at the age of 50

I came across this very sad news this morning. I worked with Ken for three years during my time at AccuWeather. His passion for the profession shined through. Even if he did not agree with you, he certainly listened to what you had to say. My condolences go out to his family and everyone at AccuWeather.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice tribute: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-video/accuweather-says-goodbye-to-our-friend-ken-reeves/1532051198001

Was thinking of him just now. I remember him running the AccuWeather softball team - him throwing the team's stuff into that beach jeep thing he drove. I had so much fun playing on that team, lots of great people.

The other thing was his level-headed way of forecasting. He was a perfect JB foil on Point-Counterpoint, both because he was not one to make a splashy forecast and also because he was great friends with JB so he could say ANYTHING and knew how to push his buttons.

I know why Ken was taking down the Christmas lights in March. Ken worked his tail off and was at work way more then home. Ken is the reason why I passed a major exam. His passion and ambition for metorology was different from most and I am following in Kens career footsteps. I will miss watching you everyday and a candle burns bright in my heart for you and your family!! RIP KEN REEVES....

Archived