• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 15th, 2010 early morning storms

weatherwiz

I vaguely remember this day but a line of storms developed across southern and eastern CT between 12:00 AM and 1:00 AM...someone on twitter was just talking about it and asked me to read their account of that night. In their area there was a strong microburst (that's what it sounds like based on the description) and multiple trees were knocked over, there was golf ball sized hail, and his weather station measured a wind gust of 88 mph (could be high IDK...just saying what he wrote)...anyways (accoridng to him) there were no warnings and nothing talked about on the news the next day regarding this.

Here is a radar loop

http://radblast-sf.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_composite_archive?centerlat=40.85150528&centerlon=-72.88716888&radius=124&newmaps=1&type=N0R&type2=TR0&num=24&SD.epoch=1273820400&ED.epoch=1273906799&DELAY=30&delay=20&width=640&height=480

Does anyone remember anything from this morning or perhaps could get some better radar images/shots?

I looked back at archived mesoanalysis data and there was a pocket of 2000 J/KG MUcape along with I think 1000 J/KG of MLcape with about 800 J/KG of Dcape...vertical shear values were very high, near 60-70 knots and there was about 200-300 m2s2 of 0-1 helicity with about 200-250 m2s2 of 0-3km helicity.

I vaguely remember this day but a line of storms developed across southern and eastern CT between 12:00 AM and 1:00 AM...someone on twitter was just talking about it and asked me to read their account of that night. In their area there was a strong microburst (that's what it sounds like based on the description) and multiple trees were knocked over, there was golf ball sized hail, and his weather station measured a wind gust of 88 mph (could be high IDK...just saying what he wrote)...anyways (accoridng to him) there were no warnings and nothing talked about on the news the next day regarding this.

Here is a radar loop

http://radblast-sf.w...=640&height=480

Does anyone remember anything from this morning or perhaps could get some better radar images/shots?

I looked back at archived mesoanalysis data and there was a pocket of 2000 J/KG MUcape along with I think 1000 J/KG of MLcape with about 800 J/KG of Dcape...vertical shear values were very high, near 60-70 knots and there was about 200-300 m2s2 of 0-1 helicity with about 200-250 m2s2 of 0-3km helicity.

Paul, is there an actual URL for archived radar imagery at Wunderground?

Archived