• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Questions on Site Appearance and Searching for My Posts

RU848789

1) Wondering if I have some odd setting that needs changing, because things just don't "look right" to me. For example, when I'm in any forum, looking at the list of topics, the whole screen is very odd looking, as each thread takes up 4-5 lines of height, apparently because the "started by" column is about 1/2" high, looking basically like this:

Started By

RU848789

Jan

Because of this I can only see about 7-8 topics in a standard screen view - I'm certain it wasn't always like this, but I probably didn't notice until the recent storm, since I just haven't been on the board much for months, given the horrible winter. Anyone seen this before? For what it's worth, I'm running IE8 on a work computer that runs Windows XP.

2) How do I access the Models and Go To sections? They appear to be drop downs (when I hover over the words, it looks like there's a drop down, but it "disappears" behind the "Forum Rules, Turn on Filter and View New Content" toolbar.

3) This may be related to #2, but if I recall correctly the Go To section contains resources that allow one to search for posts by others or by the user - would really like to be able to search for posts, but I can't find that capability anywhere on the site.

Any help on the above items would be appreciated. Thanks.

Compatibility issues with IE8. Either run in compatibility mode or use another browser.

thanks - any idea how to "run in compatibility mode?" Using another browser isn't really an option, as this is a work laptop with "fixed" software on it.

Given how prevalent IE8 is, is there any plan for AmericanWx to address the compatibility issues with IE8?

thanks - any idea how to "run in compatibility mode?" Using another browser isn't really an option, as this is a work laptop with "fixed" software on it.

Given how prevalent IE8 is, is there any plan for AmericanWx to address the compatibility issues with IE8?

The site should function well enough in IE8 after playing around with compatibility mode.

Archived