• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowstorm in Michigan, Dec 12, 2010

It was GORGEOUS outside today. First very heavy, wet snow fell, caking onto everything for a postcard scene. Then around 330pm the temp started to crash and we went from calm, but heavy, wet snow to powdery snow with blizzard conditions. Must be nearing 5-6" now as I type.

Pics from my day in the snow.

2472-800.jpg

2473-800.jpg

2474-800.jpg

2475-800.jpg

2476-800.jpg

2477-800.jpg

2478-800.jpg

2479-800.jpg

2480-800.jpg

2481-800.jpg

cont...

Final storm total was 6.3". It was an interesting storm. The first 4 inches were heavy wet snow, which turned streets into slush-rutted nightmares, then literally caked flash-frozen to the streets as the final 2" came in the form of blizzard conditions and powdery snow as temps crashed and winds gusted to near 40 mph

video taken about an hour before the sharp transition from calm but heavy wet snow to windy, powdery blizzard occurred.

Pics of the storms wake on 12/13/10. Bitter wind chills below zero as winds continued to gust near 40mph. The frozen snow on the streets made driving conditions worse than if it has been twice as much snow in a more "typical" snowstorm.

2492-800.jpg

2493-800.jpg

2494-800.jpg

2495-800.jpg

2497-800.jpg

Thank you, Josh. If you don't mind, I'll add a few of them to my site tonight.

No problem :thumbsup:

Haha btw, roads still a mess from this storm 3 days later. Its the 4" heavy wet snow flash-freezing then the 2" of powder drifting. Have seen storms drop twice as much snow with half the road hassle. But its all worth it for a winter wonderland :snowman:

No problem :thumbsup:

Haha btw, roads still a mess from this storm 3 days later. Its the 4" heavy wet snow flash-freezing then the 2" of powder drifting. Have seen storms drop twice as much snow with half the road hassle. But its all worth it for a winter wonderland :snowman:

Thank you, Josh. I agree with you about its being worth the hassle to enjoy a winter wonderland.

Archived