• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 30, 2011 snow pics from Worcester, MA

Wow, that is deep snow for October! Insane! How much is left?

About 5-6" on average I'd say. The sun blazed spots are starting to show grass peaking through though. The shady areas still have like 8-9". My goal is try and keep the larger piles around until the next snow comes sometime late this month or in December hopefully. :guitar:

I would love to get that much snow.

How much do you average each year?

Avg is just a shade under 70".

About 5-6" on average I'd say. The sun blazed spots are starting to show grass peaking through though. The shady areas still have like 8-9". My goal is try and keep the larger piles around until the next snow comes sometime late this month or in December hopefully. :guitar:

How is the snowpack doing?

How is the snowpack doing?

Just piles and some patches holding on int he shade. However just to my north in Princeton it was holding on stronger...they had more to begin with but this area was also in an elevated sheltered region. At a family function yesterday and their yard must have had still 80-90% coverage

nov6princeton.jpg

Everyone will be totally wiped out though in the next several days as its going to be quite warm. Only the big parking lot piles will be left.

not a goal of mine but i think some piles have a fighting chance even down here. A few piles from the plows are holding really well and are huge.

Just piles and some patches holding on int he shade. However just to my north in Princeton it was holding on stronger...they had more to begin with but this area was also in an elevated sheltered region. At a family function yesterday and their yard must have had still 80-90% coverage

nov6princeton.jpg

Everyone will be totally wiped out though in the next several days as its going to be quite warm. Only the big parking lot piles will be left.

Thanks. I was actually not jealous of this snowstorm. I looked at some gorgeous pics and certainly admired it for its record setting early aspect, but wasnt actually jealous. Knowing a long winter lies ahead, I was much more content with enjoying the last of the Fall foliage rather than getting a storm where the snow would start melting immediately and cause tons of damage, be it losing a favorite tree or being without power for a week. Im going on a cruise next week, once Im home (Nov 21st) let my favorite season, winter, commence in earnest! Until then Ive had no gripes about enjoying my second favorite season (Fall) with just a handful of frosts/freezes and no snow yet.

Archived