• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Forecast Contest - Looking for feedback on Interest

tornadojay

Hi Folks... I am exploring the possibilities of developing a forecast contest that I would host and administrate on my personal website and there is a fairly good chance that a prize could be awarded to the winner via a sponsorship. There would be no fee and it would be open to all. The goal is to provide a fun and challenging way to participate in forecasting, especially those who aren't able to play in challenges such as the weather challenge, which is open for students/alumni. It would hopefully be the first of a series of contests.

Because everyone is very busy, it would likely be a once a week type of contest... for example.. for the upcoming winter, potentially predicting weekly snowfall accumulations for some snowy cities across the U.S. by selecting accumulation ranges and putting probability weights on them... something with a simple user interface that is easily scoreable.

Just wanted to get some feedback if anyone would be interested in participating. Reply here if you might have an interest. I'm just trying to get a rough idea on potential participants.

Thanks all!

Hi Folks... I am exploring the possibilities of developing a forecast contest that I would host and administrate on my personal website and there is a fairly good chance that a prize could be awarded to the winner via a sponsorship. There would be no fee and it would be open to all. The goal is to provide a fun and challenging way to participate in forecasting, especially those who aren't able to play in challenges such as the weather challenge, which is open for students/alumni. It would hopefully be the first of a series of contests.

Because everyone is very busy, it would likely be a once a week type of contest... for example.. for the upcoming winter, potentially predicting weekly snowfall accumulations for some snowy cities across the U.S. by selecting accumulation ranges and putting probability weights on them... something with a simple user interface that is easily scoreable.

Just wanted to get some feedback if anyone would be interested in participating. Reply here if you might have an interest. I'm just trying to get a rough idea on potential participants.

Thanks all!

Sounds fun and a good thing to take part in. I"m down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXaHrbqM_Kc&feature=related

Archived