• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
No 6z model thread?

Another fantasy storm by the DGEX. :rolleyes:

If I am reading it right thou that looks like that would be a major icing event from Richmond up to Philly. Depending on how much of the ice was actually freezing rain, with those winds you would be talking major damage and electrical outages from falling trees and limbs. Good thing we are talking the DGEX which verifies once in a blue moon.

Lol the trend is towards the DGEX!

Voyager - what do you think will occur In our neck of the woods?

Pete, don't take this the wrong way, but you are asking the wrong person. I'm just a "weenie" like a lot of the others, which is why I read much more often then I post in model threads. I started this one because there was nothing wrt the 06z suite. I'll defer to someone more knowledgeable.

The Dgex is insane.

I wouldn't put much into that DGEX run. Look how far it digs the upper trough...well into the Gulf of Mexico. It almost looks 1993 Storm of the Century with that solution. All other global guidance keeps the main upper low well northward. If somehow the DGEX verified with that track, then the positive feedback loop would come into play and it would be a realistic solution, but I doubt its track will verify.

I wouldn't put much into that DGEX run. Look how far it digs the upper trough...well into the Gulf of Mexico. It almost looks 1993 Storm of the Century with that solution. All other global guidance keeps the main upper low well northward. If somehow the DGEX verified with that track, then the positive feedback loop would come into play and it would be a realistic solution, but I doubt its track will verify.

what, you don't think a 962 off the delmarva is possible by monday evening :arrowhead:

I wouldn't invest too much stock into the 6z runs. What's most promising is the 00z Euro's backlash snow for the northern half of the I-95 corridor. If the Euro verified, maybe some areas in northern NJ, around NYC and further southwest into central NJ and the burbs of Philly could have an inch or two as the anafront leaves the area. I saw though that ORHwx said anafronts are very difficult to forecast and must be modeled more consistently from now on in order to verify. As much as we'd all like the DGEX or the 6z GEFS to verify, in all likelihood it won't happen. I'm quite happy with the euro's solution and the fact that some mets agree that the 12z euro will be east of the Apps is an encouraging sign for a better secondary low.

Archived