• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
evacuations?

thunderbolt

No, I am quite far from Cape May and other barrier islands. I will take my chance heading back tonight, I just hope Rt. 49 is not made into an west-only roadway.

I think I just heard on 1015 that all state highways and the Parkway will be one-way out of Cape May County after 6PM. Not sure about any county or local roads.

Me and a friend plan on staying in sea isle city sat night into Sunday. I head they are closing the bridge off at 10 am sat. I was jw if any one knows if we would be able to walk into sea isle or would they stop us at the barrier

If your not allowed to drive in I see no reason why you would be able to walk in.

I think I just heard on 1015 that all state highways and the Parkway will be one-way out of Cape May County after 6PM. Not sure about any county or local roads.

Thanks famartin. Worse comes to worse I take a lot of back roads I suppose. My gut feeling is they won't turn around the locals, especially locals who live inland.

I have a house in northern inland Cape May County. I plan on getting to the house sometime around midnight tonight. Does anyone know if the roadways, specifically Rt. 49 and Rt. 55 will be shut down to south/east travel? I also heard that Cape May officials are not letting any visitors in after 6pm, I am assuming because I own a house they will let me in. My father, who lives in Avalon, will be evacuating to my house and I told him I would stay with him. If anyone could supply me some information that would be great. Thanks!

Edit** I am traveling from the Washington DC area.

You'll be allowed in. There aren't dragging people out of their houese or blocking roads. They are however stating that if you get into trouble, nobody will be there to help rescue you until the storm passes.

My parents have a house in CMCH about 1/2 mile from the bay. They just left this afternoon and said their neighbors were staying.

You'll be allowed in. There aren't dragging people out of their houese or blocking roads. They are however stating that if you get into trouble, nobody will be there to help rescue you until the storm passes.

My parents have a house in CMCH about 1/2 mile from the bay. They just left this afternoon and said their neighbors were staying.

I would think I'd be allowed in. My biggest concern was the one way road implementation that seems to be coming more numerous. I know 47 and 347 will be one way.

Me and a friend plan on staying in sea isle city sat night into Sunday. I head they are closing the bridge off at 10 am sat. I was jw if any one knows if we would be able to walk into sea isle or would they stop us at the barrier

In Stone Harbor. Not many people have left who own homes.

Cooking out soon and have yet to see any signals this storm will be as bad as a strong coastal.

Talk in the air of the media going overboard with the storms strength

I was told NBCS 10 was urgin people have surval bags as if a nuclear bomb hit.

Time will tell what occurs.

Cooking out soon and have yet to see any signals this storm will be as bad a strong coastal.

Probably not the smartest approach.:rolleyes:

Cooking out soon and have yet to see any signals this storm will be as bad as a strong coastal.

yeah - if you get through your cookout this afternoon, you should be in the clear...

Darkstar - there is a HUGE difference between a winter coastal that blows up just off the NC coast and a cat 2-3 hurricane that has been pushing water for the past week. C'mon man, you should know better.

This is a fairly un-intelligent statement to make.

The storm is several hundred miles away still. It's probably beautiful down there today.

Archived