Most Online
    vokive3692
    Newest Member
    vokive3692
More (Heavy?) Rain/T-Storms 8/18-8/21 Discussion/OBS

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind some rain in Spring Mount (total rain for Saturday through Tuesday was maybe 1.5 inches), but the places that picked up 4 to 11 inches of rain in that period could use a few weeks of dry weather.

Does this storm have that kind of potential? I sure hope not. I can handle another inch, but I'd hate to see S Jersey get another 4 inches.

Does this storm have that kind of potential? I sure hope not. I can handle another inch, but I'd hate to see S Jersey get another 4 inches.

Looks like this one would be 0.5" to at most 1.5" of rain throughout the area, so not nearly as bad as the last one. But even 1" would be very unwelcome to places that suffered severe flooding recently.

Looks like this one would be 0.5" to at most 1.5" of rain throughout the area, so not nearly as bad as the last one. But even 1" would be very unwelcome to places that suffered severe flooding recently.

Mt. Holly afternoon AFD says a Flash Flood Watch was considered for Friday and Friday night, but they held off for now.

Even 1 inch would be really bad down this way, the water is just going to immediately run right off. Not a good situation.

294577_10150261051986292_516961291_8029554_1638885_n.jpg

Panaromic i caught with my iPhone around 6am this morning.. thought it came out pretty cool looking when the storms were 1st rolling in..pretty sure i caught a lightning flash, hence the light contrast.

This is at my work looking west towards havertown pa.

.34" since midnight.

Closing in on 9" of rain in the past 3 weeks.

Got a little over .5" in Spring Mount this morning...probably close to 7" of rain in Spring Mount in the past 3 weeks (I know a couple of storms in that time frame hit your area pretty hard, while Spring Mount was on the fringe and got much less rain).

Got a little over .5" in Spring Mount this morning...probably close to 7" of rain in Spring Mount in the past 3 weeks (I know a couple of storms in that time frame hit your area pretty hard, while Spring Mount was on the fringe and got much less rain).

Yeah, the cutoff in some of these events have been amazing. One storm last week dropped 1-2" of rain in Royersford and Collegeville and next to nothing here and up your way.

Other than that, I've lucked out quite a bit as of late.

1.70" at home in West Chester this morning. Great storm, except for it's timing...5:50am!?!?!! Couple close strikes even had the normally ignorant dog jumping on the bed for comfort. High wind gust was 19mph.

A MESOSCALE AREA OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WAS MOVING ACROSSTHE LOWER DELAWARE VALLEY AND INTO SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL NEW JERSEYAT MID MORNING. THIS ACTIVITY WAS FAIRLY REPRESENTED BY THE 12ZWEDNESDAY MODELS...ALTHOUGH THEY HAD ACTIVITY SLIGHTLY FURTHERNORTH...BUT KUDOS TO THEM. THE CURRENT ACTIVITY IS FORECAST TOWANE AS IT MOVES EASTWARD THROUGH MIDDAY AS THE ASSOCIATED FORCINGWEAKENS. HOWEVER...MORE ACTIVITY SHOULD INITIATE DUE TO DIURNALFORCING THIS AFTERNOON.

Could be a repeat tomorrow morning with an approaching short wave. Better get to bed early tonight!

Archived