Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Heavy rain event 8/14-8/15 discussion/obs

ptb127

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the heaviest rain on all of Long Island is falling here and it's training-- this is going to go on for hours and hours as we have very heavy rain all the way back to the Delaware Water Gap-- over 100 miles of very heavy rain and it's only crawling east lol! :)

This is JAN 1996 in terms of nocturnal thunderstorms.I now have an incredible 4.43 inches as of 6AM.If we get the heavier amounts later on,the 5-6 inches the models had for some could very well be surpassed.

I still think October 2005 is the king of rainfall around here-- I was so upset NYC came so close to breaking their alltime monthly rainfall record with 10 days to go but it stopped raining there-- however, on Long Island we had over 20 inches of rain that month! That will always be my most historic time period of rainfall.

4.14 inches now.I have never had that amount of rain fall in an overnight period here.My previous record was 3.4 inches in JUly 1995.

Wow its ironic we got so much rain that summer and yet 1995 will forever be known as the summer of heat, drought and widespread forest fires.

Wow its ironic we got so much rain that summer and yet 1995 will forever be known as the summer of heat, drought and widespread forest fires.

We had more rains including a tornado in Famingdale on JULY 22nd...then that was it.I went from AUG 6 to SEPT 17th between rainfall,42 consecutive days between raindrops.That ironically is the longest dry streak I ever experienced.

We had more rains including a tornado in Famingdale on JULY 22nd...then that was it.I went from AUG 6 to SEPT 17th between rainfall,42 consecutive days between raindrops.That ironically is the longest dry streak I ever experienced.

That August was the driest month I have ever experienced. Dry hot and lots of wildfires-- like the wild west out here lol.

Eastern Suffolk county had a massive brush fire out there.

Yup there were tons of them all over the place. I remember the smell of burning brush and seeing smoke rising from the hills in NW NJ-- I will never forget that smell! There was so much fire you could see the plumes rising up on satellite, from NJ to Long Island!

Archived