• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
accuweather forecast for today

bigtenfan

Did anybody else notice that accuweather is predicting 55 MPH wind gusts for NYC today? Computer glitch?

Off their website, right? I have seen that on occasion for Philadelphia as well. The forecasters there must not even edit that stuff, but if they have some sort of windy wording in the forecast, the system must just load in a strong gust. Not exactly sure what is up with that.

Off their website, right? I have seen that on occasion for Philadelphia as well. The forecasters there must not even edit that stuff, but if they have some sort of windy wording in the forecast, the system must just load in a strong gust. Not exactly sure what is up with that.

Yes It is on their website. I think that the NWS forecast is for winds in the 10/15 MPH range

Yes It is on their website. I think that the NWS forecast is for winds in the 10/15 MPH range

Yeah, just checked their web site. It sure looks odd. This is what the text came up as off of their site, "Sunny to partly cloudy and hot; winds gusting past 50 mph this afternoon".

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ny/new-york/10001/forecast-details.asp

Archived