• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Severe thunderstorm interrupts Detroit Tigers game

Went to two games this weekend at Comerica Park. First pic was from 7-1-11, perfect for a summer night for a game, nice view of the park. All the rest, along with the video, are from 7-2-11 when a severe storm interrupted the game and caused chaos at the ballpark, though most had fun with the situation, jammed concourses and all. Lastly, some of the standing water and downed branches that were still evident when I got home around 1 a.m. (the storm had left 2.25" in my rain gague). The sky was creepy as many in SE MI commented it was a black/orange color. My pic makes it look orange/pink, but it was more orange.

2886-800.jpg

2887-800.jpg

2888-800.jpg

2889-800.jpg

2890-800.jpg

2891-800.jpg

2892-800.jpg

2893-800.jpg

2894-800.jpg

2895-800.jpg

Pretty cool stuff, but did you ever see this one from CBP in Philly from last year?

Wow that is insane. I wonder if they waited til the storm hit to delay the game? I love how they have all the radar access during a rain delay to venture a guess at when the game can resume, but they never seem to delay until the storm is already descending on the stadium.

The thing that lasted in everyones minds here was the CREEPY sky after the storm. The colors of the sky were so eerie, but so different from that of a sunset. It left everything in a yellow/orange hue, but again, so different than that of a vivid sunset. My aunt showed me pics she took of the sky, and it was just crazy, too bad I was cooped up in a stadium and missed the full effect.

Heres a few pics from Wunderground

309-800.jpg

26-800.jpg

67-800.jpg

21-800.jpg

5-800.jpg

Archived