• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Some Temperature Analogs For July And August 2011

bluewave

1994, one of your prime analogs, also had the warm June/July followed by below normal temperatures in August.

Again, I'd be careful about relying too much on any warm-phase analog. I think the above examples of 1949, 1952 and 1953 are far more applicable.

Again, I'd be careful about relying too much on any warm-phase analog. I think the above examples of 1949, 1952 and 1953 are far more applicable.

Agree, also he seems to be obsessed with 2008 lol-- the strong nina we just came out of was nothing like 2008.

I like the late 40s- early 50s better, many of those years actually had hot late August and September periods

More support for August being the coldest month relative to average this summer....

1994, one of your prime analogs, also had the warm June/July followed by below normal temperatures in August.

2008, a good ENSO analog, had a big cold shot in August after a scorching June and near normal July.

I edited the original post to include 2008 in the composite.I had the wrong sst data set originally come up in my search.

There was a small area of above normal temperatures right along the northeast coast that July.

Agree, also he seems to be obsessed with 2008 lol-- the strong nina we just came out of was nothing like 2008.

I like the late 40s- early 50s better, many of those years actually had hot late August and September periods

This winter pattern was obviously much different than 2008,but June is a good temperature match overall across the country.

• 4 weeks later...

I edited the original post to include 2008 in the composite.I had the wrong sst data set originally come up in my search.

There was a small area of above normal temperatures right along the northeast coast that July.

This winter pattern was obviously much different than 2008,but June is a good temperature match overall across the country.

I think overall we're re-living the late 1940's and 1950's meteorologically. We're at the beginning of a cold phase.

Archived