• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Looking ahead to Winter 2011-2012?

Ji

Focusing strictly in the DJF period for the DC-Baltimore area, I think this year that most of the snow will come in 1 big storm.

So while I think there will be some "fluke" snow in November and December is kinda chilly, the key times to watch will be near or just after New Years and again from 1/20 through 2/10. Probably the rest of February will grow warm.

There is strong indication that 1 storm may bring the season's total to a lot of the DC area and Baltimore may see 1 big snow with a few other events, too.

Thought I would throw the DC crew a forecast because what the hell...we know it's for fun.

March, as usual, will be another fail in this area.

Just wanted to do a quick bump. Looks like the fluke snow came even earlier (October!!) than thought. December starts off with a very "nino" looking temperature profile with the warmest across the northern Plains. This was something I was afraid of and now it looks like it may actually happen. It would be something if the entire month looked like that! It seems like everything is happening faster than originally thought at the moment but I'm not sure on that yet.

December will probably deliver a few weak events but the main show starts toward New Years. I still think those ideas are fine.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived