joxey
Potential thunderstorms/svr thunderstorms Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

penny size hail here in drexel hill with .55 rain

You make the threads from now on.

I was at lansdowne and state when it came through. Plenty rain, some drops of hail. Got some photos and video I might post. Awesome lightning show off towards the city. Bonner is a great place to watch the backside of storms come through. ( go ahead and pervert that line people.. ;-)

Figure this is a good time to make my first post. I live in Lansdowne had about 3/4 inch hail and that was measured about 7 mins after the hail stopped. A lot of hail fell as well. Very gusty winds I'm not trained to be able to determine wind speed but I'm guessing close to 50+ the way the trees were whipping around. Not sure how much rain but I would say over a half inch is a safe bet.

This was just an incredible storm. Reminded me of the storm last june which we are pretty close to the 1 year of. Still running on adrenaline.

Figure this is a good time to make my first post. I live in Lansdowne had about 3/4 inch hail and that was measured about 7 mins after the hail stopped. A lot of hail fell as well. Very gusty winds I'm not trained to be able to determine wind speed but I'm guessing close to 50+ the way the trees were whipping around. Not sure how much rain but I would say over a half inch is a safe bet.

This was just an incredible storm. Reminded me of the storm last june which we are pretty close to the 1 year of. Still running on adrenaline.

Botch, you made the jump from lwb.com! Welcome! You still at the firehouse?

Side note, this storm was no where near as bad ass as that June 24th storm! That hail was almost 2", with 70-80 mph winds.

Bri, you hear any reports out of like clifton or secane? That area looked like it took the brunt of that 68 dbz cell as it came through.

tombo, i was driving through collingdale and clifton right as the brunt of it came through. Extremely heavy rain with probably around nickel sized hail. Winds were also impressive, I'd estimate gusts easily over 50mph. I saw some small branches down and lots of street flooding.. took about 4 detours to make it back into drexel hill.

that storm last yr june 24 was epic, tons of damage here in drexel hill.....You guys into the clifton/secane area got hit good with the hail core on this storm. I just missed it to the north but it still delivered penny size here.

tombo, i was driving through collingdale and clifton right as the brunt of it came through. Extremely heavy rain with probably around nickel sized hail. Winds were also impressive, I'd estimate gusts easily over 50mph. I saw some small branches down and lots of street flooding.. took about 4 detours to make it back into drexel hill.

ahh ok, i thought there would be some bigger hail reports since gr3lvl had 1.75 hail core with it....so it was a little off.

The storm in Spring Mount, PA had no hail and not a lot of rain (maybe 0.2"), but my neighbor had a tree struck by lightning. Thankfully, the half that fell went into the street and not onto his house or car.

Wow! close call! Not even a close lightning strike in my neck of the woods, did see some stuff to my north (toward you).

ahh ok, i thought there would be some bigger hail reports since gr3lvl had 1.75 hail core with it....so it was a little off.

Well that's just a rough estimate.. i wasonly judging from the hail i saw bouncing off of my hood. It's very possible that there were some spots with 1-1.5" hail. By the time I got out of the car the hail had been melting for at least 15 minutes and there was still some stones in the nickel sized range so it may have been right after all.

Well that's just a rough estimate.. i wasonly judging from the hail i saw bouncing off of my hood. It's very possible that there were some spots with 1-1.5" hail. By the time I got out of the car the hail had been melting for at least 15 minutes and there was still some stones in the nickel sized range so it may have been right after all.

regardless, it was a great storm, good amount of rain, hail and some good wind.

Botch, you made the jump from lwb.com! Welcome! You still at the firehouse?

Side note, this storm was no where near as bad ass as that June 24th storm! That hail was almost 2", with 70-80 mph winds.

Yeah I have been reading here for a while. Can't take it over there anymore haha.

I know it wasn't but watching it was. Simply incredible managed to save some nice hail from this one I'll get pictures up and post the pictures I took from last years storm again. I still look at those pictures absolutely amazed.

Also 40 mins after the storm I'm still finding hail stones in piles that are a 1/2 inch big.

Wasn't too bad here. Had gusty winds before and during, some heavy rain for about 10 mins and lots of CC lightning.

Of course AFTER the storm had passed through we lost power and have been without power since. Close to an hour now without power.

Thank God the temp dropped 30 degrees or I'd be sweltering right now.

67.6 right now after a high around 98.

some radar captures and photos: i will say 1 thing though. For the amount of lightning, and the actual hail core, not too much CTG. Seemed like CTC, with not a lot of thunder. Even on the front side of the storm.

a good 10mins of very gusty winds preceeding the storms at the Quakerbridge Mall, not as much wind with the Bucks County storms but the intense rain, hail & pitch black sky brought traffic to a standstill at the Neshaminy exit on Route 1

very entertaining ride home this evening, car temp dropped all the way down to 66 at the height of the storm in Bensalem

Archived