Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12Z Euro - 12/2/10

tornadojay

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-nao looks stronger on this run compared to 0z, though not as strong as what we are dealing with right now

The -NAO is going to continue to dominate... maybe a brief run at neutral, but nothing more. I saw in a thread today someone posted the -NAO progs, and models have been underestimating the -NAO in a major way the past few weeks.

The -NAO is going to continue to dominate... maybe a brief run at neutral, but nothing more. I saw in a thread today someone posted the -NAO progs, and models have been underestimating the -NAO in a major way the past few weeks.

yea the 0z had it, but the 12z is stronger with it, but not todays levels...yet

We should be eternally grateful if this does happen to come to fruition, the blocking has been tenacious and saved us from torching several times already. The Pacific is in shambles--and a run or two of the ECMWF a few days ago showed the NAO collapsing. The result of the collapse was not pretty.

That being said I think we are in the midst of a -NAO phase over the last year or two and I don't expect it to let up on average. This is not to say other forcing won't allow us to warm up, or things won't be transient, but I am of the belief that the NAO should be averaging neutral or negative this winter.

we'll let this play out.. i'm not sure if this looks good.. it looks like a weaker more progressive system over the south.. the position of the low in the north pacific was way further west.. but now the positioning was south and east, below Alaska... it affected the whole amplification process which was leading to the development of this system.

Archived