• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer Wet Season Part II

I can not locate where the record low max and record high minimums are located. The reports only list the record high and low.

We got some sunshine late in the day yesterday which bumped our temps up and we avoided the record low max.

Something tells me the records you are looking for are probably linked to that page. If you put either item in the "Search For" box it may find them.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Charley was the cream of the 04/05 super bounty on top of Frances, Jeanne, and Wilma.

This was taken on the north shore of Lake Toho in Kissimmee a couple weeks after Charley. I have never seen a pine tree bend like this with out breaking. Pine trees always break. That just tells me it was a strong steady wind that kept getting stronger until the tree just bent over. By the way the tree was appx 36 inches around.

post-388-0-74652200-1313274896.jpg

This was taken on the north shore of Lake Toho in Kissimmee a couple weeks after Charley. I have never seen a pine tree bend like this with out breaking. Pine trees always break. That just tells me it was a strong steady wind that kept getting stronger until the tree just bent over. By the way the tree was appx 36 inches around.

awesome pic! Did you take it? Also, very interesting thoughts on why she did not break. A slow steady ramp up of sustained winds.

Statement as of 1:00 PM EDT on August 15, 2011

... Record number of consecutive 90-degrees-plus days in Miami...

Over the weekend, a new record for consecutive number of 90-degree

or higher days was established in Miami. As of today (august 15th),

the streak of 90-degree-plus days has hit 37 at Miami International

Airport. This breaks the old record of 34 consecutive days from

August 5 to September 7, 1952.

The current record-breaking streak began on July 10th.

Although the number of consecutive 90-degree days is significant due

its length, the fact that Summer temperatures reach 90 degrees in

Miami without significant breaks is far from unusual. The average

high temperature in Miami in July and August is 91 degrees.

In other words, it's f'ing hot.

In other words, it's f'ing hot.

Nice record. It is amazing how often 90 plus happens in our BY yet 100 plus days are almost non existent.

Nice record. It is amazing how often 90 plus happens in our BY yet 100 plus days are almost non existent.

Yup. It's amazing what being surrounded by water can do to prevent triple digits. Not to mention high soil moisture and evapotranspiration.

We need all the karma we can get. Anyone want to start a new Florida Tropical Season thread?

Are you sure it's necessary when we have a tropical thread and a separate thread for all invests/storms on the main page, plus this thread here for IMBYism?

Yup. It's amazing what being surrounded by water can do to prevent triple digits. Not to mention high soil moisture and evapotranspiration.

Are you sure it's necessary when we have a tropical thread and a separate thread for all invests/storms on the main page, plus this thread here for IMBYism?

IMBYism is encouraged here :weenie::lol:

Really could use some tropical activity. These lame-ass afternoon thunderstorms just aint getting it done. Wish we could fast forward a month. By the way NOAA upped their tropical storm prediction. :thumbsup:

These lame-ass afternoon thunderstorms will be sorely missed come dry season wink.gif

We are entering a interesting pattern so all hands on deck! This would include flwxwatcher45 in a perfect forum world mellow.gif

Some of the intensity models have it at or near hurricane strength in 4 days. It needs a lot of organization to get that strong that quick..

yep, and as expected this far out the models have everybody from Texas to SC in the game. Eh, I think that I won't pay too much attention till Sunday evening or so when this thing "should" be close to TC genesis.

Archived