• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Shades of Winter '76-'77- snow in Florida

I am impressed by this particular ECMWF forecast. The ECMWF is usually a slight warm biased model. This shows a strong upper level trough reaching down to Florida at 144 hours (6 days) - Jacksonville might get snow if this verifies. This brings back ideas of the famous Miami snow of January '77, which had a very deep upper level trough (and very strong blocking in the higher latitudes)

0z ECMWF (Wednesday) forecast for 6 days (00z Tuesday)

This is the 12z GFS 144 hour prediction valid 12z Tuesday-- some agreement in the general placement of the vort max.

having just moved to naples from nj, this kind of thing would at least make it cold. cant ask for much more..keep us posted!

LOL. Don't get used to it. Cold down here is relative. It may be cold overnight for a few days but that's about it. I put the heat on 2 times last winter and it was only because my niece was here and we didn't want her to get sick.

I moved here from NJ in 2008. When it gets "cold" people act like it's 20 below. It's funny.

LOL. Don't get used to it. Cold down here is relative. It may be cold overnight for a few days but that's about it. I put the heat on 2 times last winter and it was only because my niece was here and we didn't want her to get sick.

I moved here from NJ in 2008. When it gets "cold" people act like it's 20 below. It's funny.

yea i know this is my second tour of florida. by next year ill be cold lol.

If there is an Artic airmass in place the first full week of December that is so severe in the east that I have to say congrats Tampa, I will not complain the rest of the winter. In other words, I don't believe that it's going to be as cold as advertized by the models.

An unprecidented event if verified- when was the last time an that has happened in Florida in prior to Dec 10?

Archived