amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Debunking the AGW Theory?

BethesdaWX

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrelavent to what? If the science is accurate, the science is accurate. These are basic laws of therodynamics.

The peer review argument is off topic in regards to the direct accuracy of the science, as if 20 scientists, some Pro AGW, using basic laws of physics, are going to make up data.

The peer review process is 'relavent' because as you've demonstrated over and over again when uneducated people of average intelligence try to understand/reinvent science the results are disastrous.

This is like saying reviewers of physics journal articles need to have skeptics of gravity as reviewers or else they are biased pro-gravity.

Peer reviewers are not and should never be anti-AGW. Anybody that is anti-AGW doesn't have the credentials or understanding to review squat. AGW is a well accepted fact.

AGW theory is not comparable to the laws of gravity, which have specific, quantifiable forces and results. It's just not.

I do agree that this guy is probably a crackpot. But no paper/theory should ever be rejected simply because it goes against "accepted" science.

This is like saying reviewers of physics journal articles need to have skeptics of gravity as reviewers or else they are biased pro-gravity.

Peer reviewers are not and should never be anti-AGW. Anybody that is anti-AGW doesn't have the credentials or understanding to review squat. AGW is a well accepted fact.

Are you off your meds???.....or are you defining the AGW hypothesis in the most broadest of terms??? Do you understand that science, the method, and the history of discoveries NEVER start with "what ideological beliefs do you have".....let the science stand on it's own, and don't be afraid to be wrong!!!

As Mallow pointed out already, that's not Hansen's prediction. The actual prediction was as follows. The graph you posted is clearly of Scenario A.

Actual emissions fell slightly below those of Scenario B, which makes them fairly accurate.

Hansen06_fig2.jpg

*NOTE: Graph above uses GISS data and ends in 2005

Carry on.

*NOTE: Graph above uses GISS data and ends in 2005

Carry on.

Fair point about it ending in 2005. But at least it accurately represents the different scenarios and I was honest enough to point out that Scneario B (or just below scenario B.) is the most accurate scenario to use for verification (not Scenario A).

As for its use of GISS... I think that is fairly accurate as HadCRUT+UAH infilling and GISS have the same trend since 1988-present.

I agree.

You all let him get away with posting Hansen's Scenario A for verification purposes, when actual emissions fell below those of Scenario B. Posting scenario A is extremely dishonest.

You are the only person I've seen claim that current forcings fall below Scenario B. Most I've seen say a little over Scenario B.

Fair point about it ending in 2005. But at least it accurately represents the different scenarios and I was honest enough to point out that Scneario B (or just below scenario B.) is the most accurate scenario to use for verification (not Scenario A).

As for its use of GISS... I think that is fairly accurate as HadCRUT+UAH infilling and GISS have the same trend since 1988-present.

In this case, since we are comparing data to Hansen's projections, I think it's a conflict of interest to use Hansen's data. Especially with a graph that ends in 2005, a year that GISS had considerably warmer than other sources.

This.

It's well proven that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, that blocks outgoing LW radiation, and has a net warming effect. Anybody that denies this is a kook.

The amount of warming is the issue, and hypothesis, though. and hypothesis are disproven all the time. If we miss one feedback, then everything is screwed

I don't try to reinvent science using kooky blog cites and I have a background in science that enables me to parse the difference between kooks and actual science.

But we're not re-inventing anything, AGW is a hypothesis, not fact.

You said "try to understand" as well in your post.

You apparently cannot understand science then.

This.

It's well proven that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, that blocks outgoing LW radiation, and has a net warming effect. Anybody that denies this is a kook.

Do you have a problem with someone sticking their credibility on the line....hypothesizing about potential errors in how current emissivity calculations are performed in atmospheric mixtures?

Well it doesn't make a difference since HadCRUT+UAH infilling has the same trend as GISS since 1988.

As you are well aware, though, they differ after the early 2000s.

Again, two issues with that graph: only GISS data, and ending in 2005. Scenario B goes up since 2005...roughly another .2C.

Archived