• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 20, 1976 West Lafayette, IN tornado

Hoosier

Today is the 35 year anniversary of the F4 that struck West Lafayette. This tornado's path was very close to the 4/26/94 tornado but this one occurred during the day and was rather well-photographed. Here is a case study that was completed shortly after the event. It's a little technical but there's some good stuff and it includes several pics of the tornado.

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0493%281977%29105%3C0893%3AAOSOTW%3E2.0.CO%3B2

I had trouble getting the PDF to come up so let me know if there's a problem.

Today is the 35 year anniversary of the F4 that struck West Lafayette. This tornado's path was very close to the 4/26/94 tornado but this one occurred during the day and was rather well-photographed. Here is a case study that was completed shortly after the event. It's a little technical but there's some good stuff and it includes several pics of the tornado.

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0493%281977%29105%3C0893%3AAOSOTW%3E2.0.CO%3B2

I had trouble getting the PDF to come up so let me know if there's a problem.

You know that April 1994 holds a special place in my heart, but I find it somewhat amazing that two F4's almost took the same path ('94 being farther south) through WL 18 years apart.

You know that April 1994 holds a special place in my heart, but I find it somewhat amazing that two F4's almost took the same path ('94 being farther south) through WL 18 years apart.

Yeah, if you compare the damage surveys, the area that experienced F4 damage isn't the same but the fact that it's that close is pretty amazing.

Archived