• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lake along the haul road

Did you HDR this?

Yes, but it's actually a single shot processed to look like HDR in a program called Oloneo Photo Engine. I downloaded the beta version to try it out. Just by moving some sliders around I can get an HDR look out of any photo. With practice, I may actually get somewhat good at it.

Yes, but it's actually a single shot processed to look like HDR in a program called Oloneo Photo Engine. I downloaded the beta version to try it out. Just by moving some sliders around I can get an HDR look out of any photo. With practice, I may actually get somewhat good at it.

There is an odd tint that is going on that kind of tipped me off. HDR is OK as long as you do not mind your images looking like paintings instead of photographs. I am more a fan of the use of filters and getting the image right in front of the sensor instead. But there is nothing wrong with using the process.

There is an odd tint that is going on that kind of tipped me off. HDR is OK as long as you do not mind your images looking like paintings instead of photographs. I am more a fan of the use of filters and getting the image right in front of the sensor instead. But there is nothing wrong with using the process.

It's a work in progress. I don't really like the painting look either, and am trying for a subtle look. The original photo was somewhat underexposed as I shot it out the window of the truck before sunrise on a day I took my camera to work.

there are lots of HDRs that dont look like paintings.

Archived